Which compact versions can take Full Size Mags?

Cartoons

NES Member
I like the feel of double stacks, and have an M&P 9 FS. I was holding out hope for a Mass. Compliant M&P 2.0 9c - to share mags but that doesn't look like it's going to happen... so I'm seriously considering jumping ship to another manufacturer.

Other than Glock (sorry, didn't care for the feel) which compact versions of Full Size pistols can take the full size magazines?

TP

eta: I did do a search...

Last edited:
My compact Springfield mod.2 takes regular xD45 mags. No pre-bans though:(
This is also true of the 9mm and .40 XDs. And you can use preban Beretta 92/96 mags in them if you add a hole for the mag catch. Springfield sold Beretta mags as high cap during the federal ban.

I can’t think of a full size/ compact combo that doesn’t share magazines, excluding things like the shield/g43 style single stacks.

The P99 wasn't produced until 1997, so how were pre-ban mags available for it? Does it take mags from an earlier Walther?

Gun was designed in 94 and earl's maintained that they used to have prebans from hungary or some country like
that. God only knows the truth, lol. Honestly in most cases, nobody cares. Not everyone here constantly lives and cries under the thumb of communism.

Also, supposedly at one point, people figured out how to jerry rig Beretta 92 mags to work in those guns, how well they worked or not, not sure. It would make sense because it's a pretty boring, mid-low density double stack 9mm mag. Under the old fed BS as long as you didn't make the mag inoperative in the original gun it didn't violate any laws.

-Mike

Gun was designed in 94 and earl's maintained that they used to have prebans from hungary or some country like
that. God only knows the truth, lol. Honestly in most cases, nobody cares. Not everyone here constantly lives and cries under the thumb of communism.

Also, supposedly at one point, people figured out how to jerry rig Beretta 92 mags to work in those guns, how well they worked or not, not sure. It would make sense because it's a pretty boring, mid-low density double stack 9mm mag. Under the old fed BS as long as you didn't make the mag inoperative in the original gun it didn't violate any laws.

-Mike

My question had nothing to do with living under communism in the Peoples Republik.

I was curious because I looked into the P99 a few months ago due to my interest in trying to find a first generation P99 with the double action/single action trigger with a decocker. I didn't know anyone that had one to try out, so I gave up on it. However, Wikipedia (yeah, I know, it's Wiki) states that the P99 was produced in 1997 (designed between 1994-1996). GunBroker has a rarer Titanium model available and says that it comes with 2-10 round mags and one 15-rd mag. The 15-rd mag is a post-ban mag. Then I found an old NES thread (2008) whereby members were questioning whether pre-bans existed or not because the magazines had a patent date on them as:

"Filing date: Jul 19, 1993
Issue date: Feb 7, 1995
Inventor: Edoardo Racheli
Assignee: MEC-GAR S.r.l."

As the old thread states, it possible that mags were made before the filing Patent date of July 19, 1993, and Issue date of Feb. 7, 1995 but some still questioned whether there were pre-bans available. However, I couldn't find any 16-rd "pre-ban" mags at all, which is another reason why I gave up on the P99. As with some Glock mags, the consensus of the older thread was to do your research.

Pre-Ban Mags P99

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/778217409

Back
Top Bottom