• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which CMP M1 Garand to get? (armory)

Which CMP Garand to get?

I am going to send in my order for one M1 GARAND SERVICE GRADE tomorrow, but which Armory?

• Springfield Armory
• Harrington & Richardson

I wish I could get both, but I need to choose only one for now!

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Redrandy

Being a service grade, you will get a nice rifle either way. I would go with a springfield because it may have been built & used during WWII. You cant go wrong with either.

Here's a sample of one of the service grades...don't worry about the CMP, their rifles are very good and if there's a problem they'll make it right for you.
Clipboard01.JPG

A couple of club members here in Gloucester just recieved their service grade rifles. Both dated in the late 40's but with aftermarket stocks with no markings that need a good sanding and refinishing. What's that all about? They werent too happy with their purchase.

A couple of club members here in Gloucester just recieved their service grade rifles. Both dated in the late 40's but with aftermarket stocks with no markings that need a good sanding and refinishing. What's that all about? They werent too happy with their purchase.

My service grade H&R came with "new" stocks like the one in the top picture here. I wanted a shooter, not a collector so I was perfectly happy with the new stocks. That's the game you play when you do the CMP lottery. If you are really picky, take a trip down to the store and pick it out yourself [wink].

Back
Top Bottom