• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Caliber for Cicada?

So I was chillin in my Beverly apartment tonight when this f**ker buzzes the tower (my head) and proceeds to careen around the whole room; buzzing like Hillary's diesel-powered-dildo. Being unarmed, I was forced to throw and old pizza box over him and executed a Bruce Lee stomp. He crunched like crusty sock full of corn chips. Upon inspection I identified him as either an Unholy Hell-Beetle or a Cicada. Two inches long with wings the size of my thumbs and beady eyes that stare into your soul. This thing could use a .22 LR as a butt-plug so what do you guys think, 45ACP, 50BMG or just Nuke the site from orbit?

20190809_222638.jpg They Mostly come at night...mostly.

20190809_222611.jpg In his sunken city, dead cicada waits, dreaming.

Seriously, what the actual f**k, since when do we have fat f**king flying Cicadas on the north shore?

So I was chillin in my Beverly apartment tonight when this f**ker buzzes the tower (my head) and proceeds to careen around the whole room; buzzing like Hillary's diesel-powered-dildo. Being unarmed, I was forced to throw and old pizza box over him and executed a Bruce Lee stomp. He crunched like crusty sock full of corn chips. Upon inspection I identified him as either an Unholy Hell-Beetle or a Cicada. Two inches long with wings the size of my thumbs and beady eyes that stare into your soul. This thing could use a .22 LR as a butt-plug so what do you guys think, 45ACP, 50BMG or just Nuke the site from orbit?

View attachment 296747 They Mostly come at night...mostly.

View attachment 296748 In his sunken city, dead cicada waits, dreaming.

Seriously, what the actual f**k, since when do we have fat f**king flying Cicadas on the north shore?
Sounds like a Dobson Fly

Dobson Fly
45652_original.jpg

Had one in my house last week. Same experience. Thought it was a friggin bat! He died in a fire pit accident, lol.
I found another one dead on my patio yesterday.
86258ED9-0429-4BF5-9345-8A461FDDF05F.jpeg
D1788038-BD62-48EB-9ECE-DB6B0D431222.jpeg

Velvet ants. Solve all the world's problem. Do NOT piss off a female.cow ant. Do not.

They are on a mission.

Second most painful event of my life was being tagged by one. And yeah, they are wasps. Not ants. I know.

Never heard of one and looked it up. Holy crap!

Velvet ants. Solve all the world's problem. Do NOT piss off a female.cow ant. Do not.

They are on a mission.

Second most painful event of my life was being tagged by one. And yeah, they are wasps. Not ants. I know.

Back
Top Bottom