Which Ar if you have a budget of about 1200 and want the best bang for the buck (Ma)

This x10000

dont make the mistake i did when i was a kid. i had about 1100 bucks and ran out and bought a stag sar2t, i still have it, but ive replaced everything since i started getting into the guns and learning more. dont go out and buy some junk gun that will get you by. you'll end up upgrading it. might as well just start from scratch it is really not that hard at all to throw them together. if you played with legos as a child you can figure out an AR build. spend some time reading, watch youtube, and do it right the first time.

THIS....it is simple to build and you can build it how you want it.

If you plan on going with a high end after market trigger, it's usually a lot cheaper if you buy a model with it already. I recently purchased a stag 3G rifle. Has everything I wanted, an 18" fluted barrel made by a reputable manufacturer, effective muzzle break, awesome trim ff hand guard and that nice $240 trigger. Paid 1350 out the door. I priced out the gun if I were building it and there was no way I was building it at the price point if I wanted that trigger or hand guard

The stag is a steal. It needs nothing.

A brand new SIG556 Patrol can be had for $1000. I LOVE mine, best of both worlds (an AR15/AK47) hybrid. Thing has taken every type of crap ammo I've put in it without a single hiccup.

A brand new SIG556 Patrol can be had for $1000. I LOVE mine, best of both worlds (an AR15/AK47) hybrid. Thing has taken every type of crap ammo I've put in it without a single hiccup.

I had a sig 556, they are heavy. Same thing with a ruger sr556. But in before piston/DI war.

What surprised me the most about the sig556 is how heavy it was with the really thin profile barrel it had. The ruger had a very heavy barrel and almost felt lighter. Now weight isn't going to matter if you're shooting from the bench 90% of the time but it's something to keep in mind.

I have no idea how people save so much weight on ar setups. My ar weighs in empty with optics at 10 ish lbs, 11 lbs loaded.

Key point: just be sure to buy quality parts or rifles. If you get the bug before you know it you will have a surplus parts bin to use on future builds or sell/ trade off.

Example: I purchased a "kit " ar which came with ecerything but reciever. The price was right so I grabbed it. I later traded the carbine upper for a standard A2 upper.
In the past 5 years I have run the complete spectrum of basic carbine to the complete tactifool AR. At one point I had more $$$ hanging off my ar than I paid for my truck!
I'm back to basics. AR A2 and a carbine.
but I have axitch to build a grizzly ambit dexterous chargechandled upper.

Buy the lower you like best and get a Stag LPK then buy whatever complete upper you like. Its simple, you build what you like a learn a little bit about the rifle at the same time. This is what I've done three times now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom