• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Ammo?

CMP has a few choices for 30-06 Ammo. I am not sure what I should buy for the M1 Garand that will soon be on its way. I don't plan to shoot a lot with this rifle as its more of a collectors item than a service rifle...

07-CAN M2 Ball, .30-06 Pyrkal boxer
PRIMED-192 RDS/CN (IN CLIPS) Ammo $60.00

415-CN M2 Ball, .30.06 Pyrkal boxer
PRIMED-240 RDS/CAN (IN BOXES) Ammo $67.00

405-CN M2 Ball-Surplus 30.06 Lake Cty
250 RDS/CN Ammo $70.00

Suggestions

Question back to you is how many Clips you currently have? If the answer is very few to none, I would go with the $60 can of 192rnds in Clips. This makes it so you have all the clips you need pre-loaded with ammo. You can then order loose ammo the next time you order.

Good luck on limiting your shooting with it. Once you fire a few clips, you'll be wanting to shoot it a lot more. Something about the noise of the clip being ejected just gets you blood pumping! [wink]

Yeah becoming addicted to taking this rifle to the range is scary considering the price of ammo....

As for getting hit in the head....didn't you know thats why GIs wore helmets?

My little Ruger LCP will send a shell my way every now and then.....nothing like a hot case in the middle of the forehead to remind you why you need safety glasses.

Especially when they hit you in the forhead.....every frikin time. I 'm gonna start shooting mine with a hardhat on so I don't have to dodge when I here the clip coming out.

Interesting. My Garand sends them up and a little to the right. The clip never came back at me that way. Wonder what would cause that?

I would go with the stuff on clips to, also I never got hit by any flying clips. My brother dint either and hes a lefty.

I'm sure the path of the ejecting clip varies to some degree from rifle to rifle, Mine just likes to boing me in the forehead. I'll still shoot the thing all day.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom