Which AK should I buy ?

with the Mac just remeber most of them are slant cut recivers and only one place to buy a stock that fits (at $180). and if you do swap the stock the gun is no longer 92r complaint and will need to take off a few parts to swap with us made parts.

Just a heads up before you decide. A norinco craps all over a romainan in every way possible as far as build and quality of parts. China is known for cheap stuff but their firearms are superb. A romainan will do the job and work well for you dont get me wrong but once you handel a norinco you will see what I mean.
Very we'll said. I love my Norinco.

I shot my buddies Aresenal and it was very nice. But it felt to plastic to me. MAK 90 feels good in the hands and never had a problem with different AK mags for the MAK 90.

My next AK will be another Norinco MAK 90.

Very we'll said. I love my Norinco.

I shot my buddies Aresenal and it was very nice. But it felt to plastic to me. MAK 90 feels good in the hands and never had a problem with different AK mags for the MAK 90.

My next AK will be another Norinco MAK 90.

The only minor issues I had with mags in my MAK 90 were that I had to file the rear locking tab (whatever you call it) to get it to easily lock in and remove. My buddy didn't have this problem with his WASR probably because of the loose tolerances? Bored, so I decided to share some pics for the OP:

Before:View attachment 96246 After: View attachment 96247

I have a Npap, vepr, saiga, and a kassnar sa-85m. For the money the npap can't be beat. I got mine on sale a month or so ago for $430shipped.

I was going to suggest the M&M m10-762, but see you want wood so that would have to be swapped out. The M&M is an excellent rifle, so don't pass it by just because of the furniture as that can be retrofitted without much trouble and the railed forend and Tapco stock will sell easily. I personally wanted the all black tacticool look so it was perfect for me other than upgrading to an Arsenal slotted stock because the Tapco didn't look as nice.

Was looking at the M&M also

So this is what the third "What AK" post in the last 2 weeks? Well with what legos cost this should be about $700

[video=youtube_share;3AQjO_EzSpI]http://youtu.be/3AQjO_EzSpI[/video]

Last edited:
Ok, so I put a deposit on a WASR-10 today. Yeah, it's all I can afford, so I guess that's what I get. I saw a video called "Watch this before you buy a WASR-10" and I tried to heed the guy's advice. It's a pretty nice looking one. Sight picture looks pretty straight, it's in good condition overall. I read a post somewhere else that one guy was shooting one and it "blew up" on him. Is this a common problem?

As long as the sights are canted and the magazine doesn't have excessive wobble you'll be good trigger will probably suck but a tapco group can fix that. I've never heard of one blowing up they're not the prettiest rifles but they work and that's all you really need with an ak

If you need tools there are people on here that help you out.

I for one like lending my stools out since I know I'm helping people make shit this state hates.
One rule you break it you buy me a new one.

Ooh, I know the answer to this question.
Get a polytech Legend!

1436412_04_poly_tech_legend_ak_47_s_pre_b_640.jpg

So this is what the third "What AK" post in the last 2 weeks? Well with what legos cost this should be about $700

[video=youtube_share;3AQjO_EzSpI]http://youtu.be/3AQjO_EzSpI[/video]

Cool. That would be cool for "show and tell", too. Just plan on junior getting expelled from school when he pulls that out in front of the class.

The Wasr's now have a Tapco trigger in them so you should like it. If it does not have the Tapco trigger then I would check it out even more before buying or look for something else. The newer wasrs aren't the best but they have improved and Century fixed the problems that gave them a bad rep

I also own an M10-762 and I'm happy with it as well. It is what it is, a WASR for the most part. I have compared it side by side with andrew1220's MAK 90 and the fit and finish on the MAK is quite a bit better. I can't say one shoots better than the other though. Basically it comes down to patience. If you have a little, comb GB for a MAK90. If you need instant gratification go out and grab a Yugo or WASR. Whatever route you take, you won't be disappointed. They're great rifles.

I picked up a M-10 on impulse.
No complaints and it goes bang every time.
I did replace those rail covers that come with it , with one piece covers. Those little sections moved around too much

The Wasr's now have a Tapco trigger in them so you should like it. If it does not have the Tapco trigger then I would check it out even more before buying or look for something else. The newer wasrs aren't the best but they have improved and Century fixed the problems that gave them a bad rep

Tapco trigger...yup

OP, I've decided to sell my M10. Gotta fund my wedding/honeymoon this fall[rolleyes]. Links in my sig if you're interested.

OP, I've decided to sell my M10. Gotta fund my wedding/honeymoon this fall[rolleyes]. Links in my sig if you're interested.

NOOOOO!! How dare you! Haha. Yeah I'm getting married October 2015 and she's been pissin and moaning about me not helping with wedding planning etc. I can't be the only guy that doesn't care. Just tell me when to show up haha. I hold I don't have to sell my guns next year. Congrats though!

As long as the sights are canted and the magazine doesn't have excessive wobble you'll be good trigger will probably suck but a tapco group can fix that. I've never heard of one blowing up they're not the prettiest rifles but they work and that's all you really need with an ak

WASR-10s have been coming with G2s already in them. Only the old shit ones don't have it.

-Mike

Mine has a date stamped on it 1975. But it does have the Tapco trigger, and appears to be un-fired. So, is this one of them that came into the states and had a "makeover"?

Mine has a date stamped on it 1975. But it does have the Tapco trigger, and appears to be un-fired. So, is this one of them that came into the states and had a "makeover"?

most likely, yes.

that isn't the actual date of the rifle, either IIRC. flintoid would have been able to give you a full run-down about the dating and whatnot, but he unfortunately got banned. the story to the best of my knowledge is that is the date of the parts kit which went into your rifle. the receiver is different, and if the parts kit was a pile of parts, all those could have different dates of manufacture, etc.

most likely, yes.

that isn't the actual date of the rifle, either IIRC. flintoid would have been able to give you a full run-down about the dating and whatnot, but he unfortunately got banned. the story to the best of my knowledge is that is the date of the parts kit which went into your rifle. the receiver is different, and if the parts kit was a pile of parts, all those could have different dates of manufacture, etc.

Aha, so it could be "brand new". just Frankensteined....

Another +1 on the MAK90. I bought one in '02 and traded it towards a Luger in '08. Then two years ago I got the AK itch again and bought another MAK90. One thing though: The thumbhole stocks suck ass hairs. Gotta switch that out right away.

Another +1 on the MAK90. I bought one in '02 and traded it towards a Luger in '08. Then two years ago I got the AK itch again and bought another MAK90. One thing though: The thumbhole stocks suck ass hairs. Gotta switch that out right away.

Haha yeah I'm glad mine didn't come with the thumbhole stock but I swapped the regular wood stock for an arsenal stock anyway.

I've got an M&M M10 and i love it so far. Picked it up at Pullman Arms in Worcester for $600. Great quality Romanian gun (with higher end features such as chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel). You can always change the furniture.

If you need tools there are people on here that help you out.

I for one like lending my stools out since I know I'm helping people make shit this state hates.
One rule you break it you buy me a new one.

You can keep your stools.

Back
Top Bottom