• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which .45?

If it's not a 1911, give me an HK USP .45 / .45 compact for plastic and a Sig
P220 if you want more metal.

Well, then theres the S+W Perf Center 945. Technically it's
"not a 1911" but I think some folks lump them in, because the safety
lever etc is very similar. Those guns are simply amazing. I have the
commander size model, and eventually want to get the full size
variant. The only suckage on these guns is they take proprietary
magazines and not 1911 mags, but that's part of why its different..

-Mike

HK USP...If you plan to carry it, HK USP Compact

I much prefer my full-size S&W 1911, cocked and locked! [I watched too many failures of the shorter bbl 1911s when we took the Jim Crews course!]

I like my USPc .45, but the trigger is no joy. Some day I'll get a trigger job done on it and then things may change. Til then, the 1911 is the best in my limited experience.

Last edited:
I have 3 45 acp S&W 1911,Para Ordinance Commander style and when I'm feeling lay and don't want to pick up brass S&W 625 all are SS. The two smiths are little large to carry but I plan on getting a holster for the Para to carry.
BTW I've both the metal and plastic full moon clips plastic for practice but I wouldn't use them for SD

I have 3 45 acp S&W 1911,Para Ordinance [sic] Commander style and when I'm feeling lay [sic] and don't want to pick up brass S&W 625 all are SS.

I had 3 Paras at one point (down to 1 now) and 2 625s (down to 1 now), but if money and the AG were no problem, I'd carry an SVI TiKi.

Just like Sonny in the "Miami Vice" movie...... [wink]

I have a 1911, a Para P12 (which is a compact hi-cap 1911), and the other .45 I would want if I couldn't have my 1911: my Ruger P90. Ugly as sin, utterly reliable, with 8 rounds of .45ACP goodness in the mag and another one up the pipe with the hammer down. (It's a "crunchen-ticker" - DA/SA with a decocker).

I won't sell any of them. But a Para compact .45 with the LDA trigger is in my future. THEN I'll have enough .45's.

Until I find another I like, that is.

Colts

Officer's Model 1991

DSC_1098a.jpg

It doesn't get much better than this. I have never had one FTF, FTE, FT anything with
this right out of the box. Easy to carry, etc. Try it, you,ll like it.

TBP

I noticed that no one mentioned the Ruger P345. Anyone ever shoot one or own one?

Gary

IMO they're not bad as a budget gun, but the DA trigger pull is a little too
long and stacky for my liking. I also don't like the mag safety, the
obnoxious LCI, and the safety billboarding that ruger seems to like printing
all over their guns. Those are just minor nits though, and may not
matter to you. They certainly seem to be pretty reliable and accurate
enough for what they are.

-Mike

I'd go with my HK Mark 23, assuming concealed carry is not a requirement. Although large, it is not actually that heavy. Even without large hands, it fits nicely, and it is a great shooting pistol.

I own and have carried a 1911's, Sig 220, large .45 revolvers and a 457.

My favorite carry is the 457. The reason, it is utterly reliabile, accurate, over 2000 rounds never a stutter, runs like a sewing machine. 29oz conceals easily. Very cmfortable to carry. D/A 10LB. double action, 4.5 lb. single action, short trigger reset. Black matte finish and it takes a beating. I paid $505 for it brand new.

Back
Top Bottom