Which .45 Colt rifle? Also, Rossi Circuit Judge

I've had a .45 Colt lever action on my mind for a long time and I was planning to get either a Rossi or Henry, until I found out that both of them can have issues cycling heavy 300 grain or more bullets due to the length. It was then suggested to my by others to consider the Rossi in .454 Casull as it will cycle long .45 Colt ammo no problem, not too mention .454. The only issue with that is if I got the .454 I wouldn't be able to cycle .45 Colt ammo with lighter weight bullets because they'd be too short.

I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

So, I've been thinking lately about what to do. I definitely want a lever action that can handle some strong .45 Colt or .454 ammo, but I would also like to shoot regular .45 Colt ammo too. I don't have an interest in a single shot .45 Colt, that would basically mean a Thompson Center and I don't need that accurate a rifle or that expensive a rifle. Then I had a crazy idea: how about a rifle in .45 Colt that has no feeding issues at all and isn't a single shot? How about the Rossi Circuit Judge?

It's a revolver rifle and it's able to shoot the 3 inch .410 shells as well and unlike the Taurus revolvers, this Circuit Judge has a removable choke that removes the spin from the shotshells to keep the patterns from having that doughnut shape.

Anybody here have any experience with the Circuit Judge?

My preference is to go with a lever action and if it can function well without any issues with standard .45 Colt ammo and the hot stuff with the long, heavy bullets, then I'm all set and don't need the Circuit Judge. At that point the question is which LEVER ACTION rifle can do that: Rossi or Henry? If neither can, I'm stuck having to get the Rossi Judge rifle because I do have a lot of .45 Colt handguns and load them standard pressure and don't want to be stuck with just a lever rifle that can only cycle heavy bullets.

Back
Top Bottom