wheresdalead

If your looking for a reason as to the high cost of relaoding lead,

start with your childs toy box... The chinese for the 3rd time
are being called on the carpet for lead paint in toys.

I'm talking about thousands and many many more.....

I thought we as a country had decided to do away with lead
in almost everything, plumbing solder, paint.... you name it.

So can anyone why lead keeps increasing in price... if no one except us wants it, what is going on....

I do smell a huge rat....here...

JimB

Lead is used in many aspects of your life not just reloading. Lead flashing in the building trades, lead solder in the heat and waste piping, poured lead joints for cast iron waste lines, anything bronze has lead in it.

Price increases are in the entire metal market, not just lead.

Lots of lead is used in car batteries (it might be the #1 use worldwide).

I'm thinking of starting to cast my own. I bet there's 30 tons of free lead in the berm at my club

Lots of lead is used in car batteries (it might be the #1 use worldwide).

I'm thinking of starting to cast my own. I bet there's 30 tons of free lead in the berm at my club

The energy costs in propane or electricity may offset the benefit of free lead. You gotta melt that stuff down somehow...

I made a few sets of claw anchors a while back out of some steel at my shop and filled them with lead that was melted down using a device an old friend of my Father's made. We always have wheel weights laying around and usually fill a huge bucket with them.
Melting it was quick and easy since the device was basically a flame from a tank with a cradle above it to hold a cast iron pot.
Of course we had all the bay doors open and wore masks when doing it.

Back
Top Bottom