Where's the WAYFAIR thread ? There's no way there isn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowbuckbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the premise that by not shipping beds to the children, they're helping them? The SJW logic is ridiculous. The striking workers should have been fired IMHO.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i was wondering WHO was buying that wayfair crap. When i go shopping for furniture, i need to SEE the piece. Need to feel the wood. Need to see the construction details.

Any online picture of furniture can LOOK good...then you get it and it is made of cardboard.

Apparently, they make their money selling in bulk to government contractors. Someone who can afford to buy one, see the quality, and then buy a couple thousand of the same thing

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i was wondering WHO was buying that wayfair crap. When i go shopping for furniture, i need to SEE the piece. Need to feel the wood. Need to see the construction details.

Any online picture of furniture can LOOK good...then you get it and it is made of cardboard.

Apparently, they make their money selling in bulk to government contractors. Someone who can afford to buy one, see the quality, and then buy a couple thousand of the same thing
It can be a risk, indeed, and you can probably expect particle board even if it says "real wood". We bought a 4 foot long storage ottoman this year from them. We basically had no choice, because that's the item we wanted, but absolutely no retail stores sell the thing. And, Wayfair had what looked like to be the right one, so we took a chance and bought it. It seems to be okay and should serve its purpose being occasionally sat on while it stores a pile of shoes. Although, I wouldn't call this item "particle board"... it's probably closer to 1/4" thick trailer park paneling than particle board... particle board would actually be an upgrade in strength.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I got some blinds for my 3-season from them. Some stuff you just can't get anywhere else now that Benny's (Benny's, Benny's yeaaaaahhhhh, yeaaaaahhhhhhhh - Elton John) is gone.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I very nearly put a troll post in Skysoldier's "best way you quit a job" thread saying I worked at Wayfair and walked out in protest.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It can be a risk, indeed, and you can probably expect particle board even if it says "real wood". We bought a 4 foot long storage ottoman this year from them. We basically had no choice, because that's the item we wanted, but absolutely no retail stores sell the thing. And, Wayfair had what looked like to be the right one, so we took a chance and bought it. It seems to be okay and should serve its purpose being occasionally sat on while it stores a pile of shoes. Although, I wouldn't call this item "particle board"... it's probably closer to 1/4" thick trailer park paneling than particle board... particle board would actually be an upgrade in strength.
Yep. Went to floor and decor store yesterday to look at wood flooring, For $3 per sq foot you get something that looks like highly pressed cardboard, for $4.50 and higher you get actual “solid wood” 3/4” thick that you can nail. From a few feet away they look the same. But you know the real wood will last a couple hundred years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom