• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where would you keep your "emergency" hand guns?

Grip, pull up, orient, extend, touch, press.

Grip, stance, sight alignment, trigger press, follow through.

Be careful with orientation and stance.

Depending on his orientation he might get excited if you have a wide stance.

Too funny! [smile]

On your hip.

In a holster on my belt or pocket carry. The chance of you remembering to get your pistol when an emergency happens and being able to get to it in time is minimal.

If someone kicks in your door, a pistol near you door probably won't be accessible

Best answers.

Here's what I don't like of leaving guns around the house (unlocked) . . .

- When you leave the house, every time, will you be locking them up before you leave and then unlock and put them back in their various places when you return?

Having come home when burglars were in my house (they ran out the back door as we drove up the driveway), if guns were in the house, they might have decided to shoot me with my own gun as I went to enter the house. Thus, I am not in favor of leaving guns "unattended" (or unlocked up) when I'm not home. And "on my hip" is the best answer IMNSHO.

How practical is it to have a gun on you 7x24 in your home? When you're in the shower washing your ass, should you also have one with you?

:)
In the dominant hand, because you at your most vulnerable. Would not hurt to have a bug in an ankle holster too.

I bought my first gun in New Mexico in the early 90's, a S&W snub nosed .38. While making my purchase an elderly woman came over and spoke to me. She told me she lived on a ranch far from the city, and she had one of that same model revolver hidden in each room of her house, just in case...

How practical is it to have a gun on you 7x24 in your home? When you're in the shower washing your ass, should you also have one with you?

I can see where washing your ass in the shower might be a problem, try outside, you might have more space.
624544eddf16f5e1f90fa68f97076ad5.jpg

Texas you say??

AR mounted on the wall over the mantle
AR mounted over bed
12 ga over door to bathroom
30-30 over kitchen door

Sprinkle 1911's and spare magazines to taste. Serves 30-40 people. Refrigerate unused portions.

The shower beats cleaning your Glock(s) in the dishwasher.

If it is a Glock, why not just strap a loofah to the slide and you can scrub your Glock and your rooster at the same time. Just ... remember ... trigger discipline.

Follow up questions: while in the shower you hear an intruder.............. do you put on your underwear before confronting the bad guy? a towel?

do you hope he'll run away at the sight of a naked man with a gun?

if the water was cold will he start laughing uncontrollably?

what if it's a woman, and she wants to get all sexed up?

gee, way bad, what if it's a man and he wants to get all sexed up?

Last edited:
Texas you say??

AR mounted on the wall over the mantle
AR mounted over bed
12 ga over door to bathroom
30-30 over kitchen door

Sprinkle 1911's and spare magazines to taste. Serves 30-40 people. Refrigerate unused portions.
how about a snack bowl of derringers and pocket pistols on the coffee table.

That NRA magazine column always has 2-3 badass mofo's busting into someone's house, shooting them, and then getting shot up after the homeowner retrieves their gun. Really hard to picture that scenario...

I bought my first gun in New Mexico in the early 90's, a S&W snub nosed .38. While making my purchase an elderly woman came over and spoke to me. She told me she lived on a ranch far from the city, and she had one of that same model revolver hidden in each room of her house, just in case...

wow, that is a pickup line DRENCHED with innuendo if I ever heard one. "hey, wanna come back to my place to see my snub nose?"

What happened when you got her back to her bedroom????

Back
Top Bottom