Where to try out Glock 19 holsters

yosw

NES Member
Hey there

Just finished building a compact Polymer 80 - fun experience. Looking to get a holster and would love to find a store / dealer that has a decent selection of IWB holsters. Any recommendations on where to go? I'm in the greater Boston area.

Thanks,
Joseph

Attachments

• P80_built.jpg
    P80_built.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 12
You may find a P80 compact will not play nicely with many G19 holsters. I ordered my P80 holster from ANR Design. Mine has a light and RMR, and it still fits fantastic.

Good luck, many stores don't stock Glock holsters as they are not readily available new in MA,

The other problem is a P80 compact does not fit in a holster designed for a G19

You will find some holster manufacturers on the P80 website, otherwise you are into a Uncle Mikes one size fits most holster.

The lack of leather is what is keeping me from building one.

Not sure where OP is from, but ANR Design is in Manchester NH. They take appointments, so maybe if close enough, you could go there to try out some P80 holsters.

P80 G19 fits a De Santis Intruder for a S&W 9mm Shield.

**Update I checked for details. It was an after market slide that had rounded edges similar to factory.
I noticed the one it the photo was sharp and angular. I don't know the difference in slide width between the two.
However the fit was more snug than the Shield but the shield's fitment was a little loose. I don't know how the Shield actually fit before.
So you would have to decide if it would be suitable as a dual use holster.

Last edited:
Not sure where OP is from, but ANR Design is in Manchester NH. They take appointments, so maybe if close enough, you could go there to try out some P80 holsters.
Greater Boston area, I'll check out ANR design as I do want to try the holsters.

Just do what we all do. Spend $800 on holsters until you find the perfect one. Then karma off the shitty ones here to get them out of your junk drawer

My favorite is the Crossbreed super tuck if you like IWB. Safariland leather for OWB. If the crossbreed is too steep, Aliengear is almost as good.

Northeast arms in Peabody stocks P80 holsters
Thank you! Will check them out. Picked out a cheapo $20 Kydex holster on Amazon, and it's actually not bad ... but won't stop my search for a nice leather holster - my old fobus on my Glock 19 was great.

easy
JM Custom has P80 holsters including quick ship
unless boomer style need leather cant help you there

Good luck, many stores don't stock Glock holsters as they are not readily available new in MA,

The other problem is a P80 compact does not fit in a holster designed for a G19

You will find some holster manufacturers on the P80 website, otherwise you are into a Uncle Mikes one size fits most holster.

The lack of leather is what is keeping me from building one.
Lots of good makers are building holsters for these now, just do a little research.

Just do what we all do. Spend $800 on holsters until you find the perfect one. Then karma off the shitty ones here to get them out of your junk drawer

My favorite is the Crossbreed super tuck if you like IWB. Safariland leather for OWB. If the crossbreed is too steep, Aliengear is almost as good.
I've spent enough on holsters over the years to buy at least three or four handguns. Mitch Rosen, Crossbreed, Alien, blah, blah, blah, etc.

Thank God someone invented Kydex. I would have spent hundreds less if that material had been around when I started carrying. While I appreciate leather, its too thick and heavy.

Christ, it took me 15 years to determine that 4 o'clock carry isn't for me, and IWAC is.

My go to now is Tier 1 AGIS Elite with a spare mag. I find that if you carry appendix, the spare magazine balances out the gun, but you can quickly detach it if you wish.

Hey there

Just finished building a compact Polymer 80 - fun experience. Looking to get a holster and would love to find a store / dealer that has a decent selection of IWB holsters. Any recommendations on where to go? I'm in the greater Boston area.

Thanks,
Joseph
theres a fire/police supply place in rockland center that use to have a nice holster collection. Dont know if they will let you sit there and "holster" your gun trying them?

Back
Top Bottom