• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to shoot?

Well tomorrow is the day. I should be picking up my first handgun, an M&P 9c. Pretty excited. So assuming i do pick it up on Monday or maybe Tuesday, and since i don't belong to a club yet (pending), is there a place I can go and shoot either of those evenings as a walk-in non-member?

Thanks

X2 on original bobs in salisbury.......its cheap......just stay away from there on weekend evenings when it is full of guys bringing in thier dates to show off!

If you are southern MA, there is AMERICAN FIREARMS SCHOOL in North Attleboro, MA.
They have all sorts of odd rules now for someone shooting by themselfs, so check out there website before you go.

Dingo.
Post your general location, and the answers will be more geographically germaine.

Yeah.. I apologize to everyone for that. I definitely should have mentioned I'm from Cumberland RI.
I even had a very generous PM offer that I had to pass on.

Thanks to all for responding

If you are southern MA, there is AMERICAN FIREARMS SCHOOL in North Attleboro, MA.
They have all sorts of odd rules now for someone shooting by themselfs, so check out there website before you go.

I am still trying to wrap my head around "fmj only" rule for centerfire. And figure out what they really mean by "guest".

I am still trying to wrap my head around "fmj only" rule for centerfire. And figure out what they really mean by "guest".

dont look at me, I have never shot there or bought anything from them. Its just the only place near me I know where you can rent firearms and I KNOW the public can shoot. Dont they have some sort of rule about only useing there ammo?

I've been to American Firearms School a few times. If you rent one of their guns, you have to buy their ammo to run through it. That makes sense to me, and judging by their prices for other stuff I suspect their ammo prices are reasonable too. If you show up with your own gun(s), you just need to show an ID, fill out a short form if it's your first time there, and you're good to go. I think if you show up empty handed and plan on renting, then they want you to take a safety course first.

The couple of times I've been there I've been impressed by the guys working the range. I'm sure it's not an easy job given the cross-section of the public that comes in there.

If you show up with your own gun, it's $20 for a lane for an hour.

Bob's is a good place to shoot pistol. I always have had a blast in there. place kind reminds me of an MC clubhouse :)
I will admit whacko is right. Certain days lends to attracting metrosexual dudes who have shot once taking girls on a date there. When he made that comment i literally started laughing because I have seen that there at least twice. Too funny.

Bob's is a good place to shoot pistol. I always have had a blast in there. place kind reminds me of an MC clubhouse :)
I will admit whacko is right. Certain days lends to attracting metrosexual dudes who have shot once taking girls on a date there. When he made that comment i literally started laughing because I have seen that there at least twice. Too funny.
Thats funny. My sister went there on her 1st date, 17yrs later they are still tigether. He must have a big gun

I was there on a Saturday afternoon and the lanes were full of the above metrosexuals on dates.....with rented 9mm and .22 semis. I went in and set up to shoot in the middle lane and dropped the hammer on my first round of .357 from my sp101 and everyone stopped shooting and a guy behind me freaked and dropped a box of ammo all over the floor! Kid next to me says "wtf is that"! I said a real gun!

great story about love and guns :)

as long as don't get barrel swept, it's part of the reason I joined a club. I will also give a shout out to the american firearms place in attleboro, I know they have many rules about shooting alone because of a suicide there which is rough man. I went there one time and saw them throw out a group of guys who were on a bachelor party because they had alcohol on the party bus. It took a lot of balls because they were all pretty pissed and were offering a lot of cash to be allowed to shoot anyway and the guys there would have none of that. There was no one else there at the time except me and my buddy who walked in after this group of guys so it's not like they were busy

Nothing beats a .357 magnum at an indoor range full of noobs with .22s and 9mm! Except maybe a .44 mag indoors with a range full of noobs with .22s and 9mm! Too bad I don't own a 44 mag.....yet!

Whats up with American Firearms School and out of state shooters like myself? I've read the Massachusetts laws very carefully. And from my understanding I need a license from Mass to bring in my out of state pistols and rifles. Even with that, my guns are not Mass complaint. Being that they are standard capacity magazines for my AR15 (30 rds) and both my pistols have 15 rd capacity.

I called AFS and asked this very question and they say its fine, bring them all down and give us your money. I'm some what skeptical that this is all legit. I don't want to be pulled over in Mass and get a damn felony charge for just going to the range.

Back
Top Bottom