• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where To Shoot My Machine Gun?

Easier to just join us at the Mill in Littleton, get the 07FFL, pay the SOT and make (convert from an AR) your M4 and buy or make all the silencers you want tax free. The SOT is $500/yr so don't make over 2 1/2 NFA items per year at a savings of the $500 so as to avoid tax evasion. Also don't pay the SOT, bring in a bunch of MGs tax free and drop the SOT. They frown on that. You can also get post sample guns tax free from dealers who go out of biz. without the police " law letters". Jack.

Last edited:
The 100 yard range is one of the ranges(I think there are five) that allow full auto. I 've heard it said that hand held full autos should be fired at the machinegun or submachinegun ranges and that mounted guns should be fired at the 100. I don't know if that's a rule or a suggestion. I think they should be allowed at the 300

Easier to just join us at the Mill in Littleton, get the 07FFL, pay the SOT and make (convert from an AR) your M4 and buy or make all the silencers you want tax free. The SOT is $500/yr so don't make over 2 1/2 NFA items per year at a savings of the $500 so as to avoid tax evasion. Also don't pay the SOT, bring in a bunch of MGs tax free and drop the SOT. They frown on that. You can also get post sample guns tax free from dealers who go out of biz. without the police " law letters". Jack.
I read many of your posts and you seem to know a lot about full-auto and other specialized weaponry. I did fire two full-auto weapons, a Swedish K and this crazy looking full auto .22 that resembled a Lewis Gun and had an insane rate of fire, despite it's small size.This was at Pelham F&G in NH. Full auto is OK there but you have to bring all federal paperwork.

I read many of your posts and you seem to know a lot about full-auto and other specialized weaponry. I did fire two full-auto weapons, a Swedish K and this crazy looking full auto .22 that resembled a Lewis Gun and had an insane rate of fire, despite it's small size.This was at Pelham F&G in NH. Full auto is OK there but you have to bring all federal paperwork.
That was probably the American 180. A yet to be named Harvard club member has one. Jack.

I’m a member at Pelham and hear machine gun fire all the time there.
I’ve never heard that paperwork is required from anyone at the club.

Having a tax stamp handy is a good thing and most of us keep a copy with all SBR’s and supressors as well but I’ve never once been questioned about a thing.
Obviously full auto is on a different level but it’s still news to me if true.

To the OP, you’ll need to confirm for yourself but I believe you can go to Pelham and other ranges as well as long as you file a 5320.20 form for temporary travel to a destination outside of MA. The form can be valid for up to 1 year and is a simple process. No license required up here.

Are there any "reasonably" priced C&R machineguns? I was told that your chief does not have to approve a Class III license for a C&R machinegun.
An antique with a 22 conversion might be interesting 🤔

Are there any "reasonably" priced C&R machineguns? I was told that your chief does not have to approve a Class III license for a C&R machinegun.
The origonal Chicago typewriter has to be right there when it comes to C+R, prohibition was about 100yrs ago now.

You need a machinegun license in Ma to posses ANY machinegun and if the chief doesn't want to give you one, you're not getting a machinegun. There's no such thing as a reasonably priced machinegun, C&R or not.

Lol cleo signoffs have been dead for years
And in MA you still need a green card regardless

Back to this again 🤔, besides my DRODZ Bumble Bee
[rolleyes]

Last edited:
Leominster certainly does allow it. Dave K gave me my range orientation immediately following which, I pulled out the Stemple and did some rock-n-roll.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_CzGEQHHbEM

Harvard is THE club to join for full-auto fun.

My home club of Hopkinton unfortunately lives under a town by-law that prohibits full-auto fire anywhere in town without special dispensation by the PD. Such dispensation is only granted to PD's that come and rent the HSA range for training.

This seems S.O.P with many Northeast firearms clubs.
Police training with FullAuto & Canned AR-15s sounds awkward, why?
Is this still the 80s in Charlestown, Boston, Ma w/Armored vehicle robberies weekly or crooks with laptops or schemes?

Have not 90% of last couple years SPACs (SpecialPurposeAquisitions) hit zero yet?

O'' I forgot this is NewEngland!

Good luck & Best wishes......

Attachments

• A6440486-1337-4A12-996E-B1FC87F02D1A.jpeg
    A6440486-1337-4A12-996E-B1FC87F02D1A.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom