• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where To Shoot My Machine Gun?

As somebody who owns a few I will give you some unsolicited machine gun advice.
  1. sub-machine guns are by far the most fun. They are also reasonable on the pocketbook. MP5, MACs Grease guns, Tommy’s and STGs are a blast
  2. A properly tuned M4/M16 is fun and an easy second. If you have the money the HK variants are good too. Probably more fun than subs but you can shoot a grand down range with a few friends so easy
  3. Tranny sears or DIAS are awesome if you have the money, any AR goes brrrrrrt
  4. I’ve only ever sold two machine guns, one was an HK91. They are not smooth and not really tunable. 308 gets expensive fast even if you have money and it’s heavy. 308 machine guns kind of blow
  5. AK machine guns suck, don’t waste your money. The second machine gun I sold.
Have you looked at the retail prices of the guns you mention lately? Jack.

Leominster certainly does allow it. Dave K gave me my range orientation immediately following which, I pulled out the Stemple and did some rock-n-roll.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_CzGEQHHbEM

Harvard is THE club to join for full-auto fun.

My home club of Hopkinton unfortunately lives under a town by-law that prohibits full-auto fire anywhere in town without special dispensation by the PD. Such dispensation is only granted to PD's that come and rent the HSA range for training.

1. AK machine guns suck, don’t waste your money. The second machine gun I sold.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. As an AK machine gun owners nothing say FU to the man more then a AK and a preban 75 round drum.

What really is a sucky MG is a glock 18 switch in a Glock 22 chassis in 40 S&W. Muzzle flip like a MFer!

As to the OP, another vote for Harvard. Great place with a great Machine Gun and Sub Gun range.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. As an AK machine gun owners nothing say FU to the man more then a AK and a preban 75 round drum.

What really is a sucky MG is a glock 18 switch in a Glock 22 chassis in 40 S&W. Muzzle flip like a MFer!

As to the OP, another vote for Harvard. Great place with a great Machine Gun and Sub Gun range.
I agree with you, they are all good points. I just found the AK to be a rough shooting experience. I sold it to pay for my kids college, I had other MGs. If I didn’t need the money I’d still have it but I have no regrets.

Jim at shooter's outpost in NH has a bunch of transferrable autos. I have not personally done business with Greg, but I hear GFA arms in Natick is a good resource as well. Good luck and I hope you are able to negotiate a Dillon Super 1050 into the deal as I did. It helps a lot. [wink]

That is a decent option, aside from the distance. That said, they do have a capacity rule:

Which kind of defeats the point of shooting a machine gun.

That does seem like the best option, I am just not sure how to get a sponsor. It seems a bit odd to me to just show up there and try to trawl for one. Perhaps I can ask over on the Gun Ranges & Clubs forum.
Who would join a club that restricts 10 rounds.
feel sorry for those guys

Jim at shooter's outpost in NH has a bunch of transferrable autos. I have not personally done business with Greg, but I hear GFA arms in Natick is a good resource as well. Good luck and I hope you are able to negotiate a Dillon Super 1050 into the deal as I did. It helps a lot. [wink]
And a Giraud case trimmer.

As noted above, I was also a westwood member and several members had FA firearms. westwoods e-board was always cool and reasonable so I can’t imagine much has changed.

I didn't want to jam up the board with a new thread, yet I may have to.

Is anyone here a member of North Grafton MA or have definitive info on whether or not that club does indeed allow F-A?

Their website leaves a little bit to be desired....... North Grafton

I agree with you, they are all good points. I just found the AK to be a rough shooting experience. I sold it to pay for my kids college, I had other MGs. If I didn’t need the money I’d still have it but I have no regrets.
am i the only one who finds it so funny to see how an automatic assault rifle - a rifle - keeps getting called a 'machine gun'? a machine gun is not an AK - it is an RPK or bigger toys.
a stationary gun that can provide consistent fire coverage for advancing troops. it is just so stupid to hear then calling something like a glock with a giggle switch a 'machine gun' - a true idiocy.
this is a machine gun.
1646850762483.png

I’m western MA it’s Chicopee sportsmen club, located in granny MA.

Hot brass (indoor) west Springfield ma

And there’s always my place… Just need to stand up and paint them

I don’t think you said what you owned. If it’s a sub gun shooting my dual Texas star, Polish plate rack, and dueling tree are a blast… Those teo don’t need any maintenance

.. I’m going to re-read the post but I’m not sure how much experience you have withfull auto it be fun to have two people do it at the same time I try to avoid shooting the other persons target.

The Texas star is always great for competing with others. The porch play racks on for doing yourself or with others. But it takes more technique

I’d love to go to Harvard I just haven’t made the trip yet. My first post on here was trying to find somewhere to shoot. I bought the gun and had to wait years. Then I joined like four or five ranges that said I could do it and then after I join they told me I couldn’t. Met my best and only friend on here the next day after I posted I went up and shot My M16

Last edited:

Transferable AKs are just too expensive for what they are if you just wanna shoot.. I understand that if you’re just a serious AK collector.

Also IMO, all .22lr machine guns setups are lame unless your starting your young child shooting FA.

am i the only one who finds it so funny to see how an automatic assault rifle - a rifle - keeps getting called a 'machine gun'? a machine gun is not an AK - it is an RPK or bigger toys.
a stationary gun that can provide consistent fire coverage for advancing troops. it is just so stupid to hear then calling something like a glock with a giggle switch a 'machine gun' - a true idiocy.
this is a machine gun.
View attachment 587924
You are absolutely correct, I think its a catch all for the whole class of transferable machine guns. I call my MP5 a sub-machine gun and my M4 a machine gun, I guess its technically just an assault rifle. I'm definitely not a person who knows a lot about the technical or historical facts of weapons, me using wrong terms is not a surprise.

this is a machine gun.
View attachment 587924
Anything full auto in the NFA Registry is a "Machine Gun". Jack.

I didn't want to jam up the board with a new thread, yet I may have to.

Is anyone here a member of North Grafton MA or have definitive info on whether or not that club does indeed allow F-A?

Their website leaves a little bit to be desired....... North Grafton
When I was a member of North Grafton back in the 90's and 2000's, they allowed 3 shot bursts only. There were also days of the week and hours restrictions as well.

Back
Top Bottom