• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to shoot in Central, MA?

Hey guys. I'm Corey, i will be 22 tomorrow. My LTC finally came in the mail friday and i got a m&p 40c, i would like to shoot it but have no where to go really. I would like to join a club but i dont really know to much about how that works, looks like i need sponsors and whatnot. I'm in Lancaster, MA which is about 20 minutes north of Worcester. Thanks!

Welcome Corey. Careful with guns, you thought the bike addiction was bad?
I Dont belong to anywhere either. I only shoot with others when the opportunity arises.

Welcome to the forum corey! (Hey, I think I've ridden with you (from NESR!))

Mass Firearms School (MFS) has a location in Holliston, is that close to you?

Otherwise, the Hopkinton Sportsman Association is out there too, as well as Singletary, but I think that's getting a little bit more south.

Anyways, enough ramblings!

Mechanic st in leominster is good in a pinch... But seriously Leominster rod and gun up on elm st. is opened to the public on sundays from 9-noon.

Mechanic st in leominster is good in a pinch... But seriously Leominster rod and gun up on elm st. is opened to the public on sundays from 9-noon.

Was the mechanic street thing a joke or a real place? I'm itching to try this thing out!!!
As I'm between Leominster, 8 points, boylston and Marlborough gun clubs right now.

Also on leominsters website it gives public hours but says the pistol range is not open to the public at these times, only the skeet fields

Mass Firearms School is a great place to shoot. $250 for an annual membership with no range fees and access to their impressive arsenal or I think $15-30 for a 1 hr lane rental if you're not a member.

Try Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club in Boylston. It's right off 140, has new indoor pistol range and outdoor 100 meter rifle. Great place to shoot.

stop up to LSA - rifle range open to nonmembers sunday mornings... (only $50/year + $35 init)
map & info: http://www.lsa-ma.org/member/WelcomeToLSAletter.pdf

"Sunday mornings are the busiest - come on up before/after church. Most of the ranges are active [Skeet, Trap, Rifle,
Indoor 22 pistols, Primitive, outdoor Archery] & the Gunshop & the Clubhouse are open. In the fall-winter-spring there’s
nice a Sunday breakfast."

Corey Checkout this link L e o m i n s t e r S p o r t s m e n ' s A s s o c i a t i o n, I n c.
1455 Elm Street, Leominster, MA 01453 * 978.534.9755 * P.O. Box 484 *
http://lsa-ma.org/rifle/LSA_Standard_Operating_Procedures_and_Safety_Rules%201.1.pdf

See Post #5 LSA Open to public

Range is open to public Sunday mornings from 9:00 AM until 12:00 Money was used for the range from Pittman–Robertson Act.

Harvard, Leominster or Worcester Pistol and Rifle in Boylston.

Harvard has a ton of lines, including a 7, 25, 50 all at one place. A 100 yard line for rifles, steel plate racks, action pits, and tons of activites which all love helping out new people.

I know the other two clubs are decent, just dont go to them personally.

I enjoy the quiet and anonymity of the Nimrod League of Holden. It's off of Rt. 62 in Princeton, and is not open to the public so it's quiet and not terribly busy except for right before rifle season. If you're interested in visiting let me know. The club is fun, $80 a year for separate pistol, rifle, trap and archery ranges plus it has 500 acres of land for ATVs and hunting etc. Great group of people and very active trap league and archery. If you're a pistol and rifle guy like me it's quiet, but fun enough.

Harvard, Leominster or Worcester Pistol and Rifle in Boylston.

Harvard has a ton of lines, including a 7, 25, 50 all at one place. A 100 yard line for rifles, steel plate racks, action pits, and tons of activites which all love helping out new people.

I know the other two clubs are decent, just dont go to them personally.

I like Harvard myself and I am saving my pennies to join. It's a great range with good people. Rifles, pistols, shotguns, MG's...you name it.

i am the rifle and pistol director at north leominster. technically the rifle and pistol range is members only, yes--i have so much shit to do in the coming weeks up until the first week in april. i will happily host you at the range then, or you can find another member to go with as there are a few local guys who are members. PM me if you are interested and i'll put you in contact with them.

I just moved to sterling and will be joining a club soon as well, likely 8 point. welcome and congrats on the LTC!

8 Point still not allow rapid fire? Do they have a range shorter than 20? Yards for pistol now? I belonged a while ago but it only had one range and it was slow fire from a fixed point. Be happy of they have changed as I am really close. I would gladly rejoin.

If you want to see plenty of people shooting, action pits, 200/300 yard shooting and a machine gun range with steel targets in some areas try and take a tour of Harvard. They have a gate so either go Wednesday when they have Uspsa practice and the gate is up or hook up with a member. I would gladly take you around depending on my (and your) availability.

The lack of rapid fire at 8 points is definitely a deturant for me. I'm considering Harvard and Leominster the most, the one in Princeton and Holden sound nice though with the atv trails, this include dirtbikes?
Also plan to join the Clinton fish and game for the indoor range that I can use pretty much anytime from my understanding of how the club works

rapid fire rules are dumb. i've done 75 round drum dumps.

the deal is that there ARE in fact houses nearby and we have an issue with some a**h*** a town over who is straight making shit up... but that's a story for another day. i have no rapid fire rules on my ranges, but if i get complaints i will have to ask members to chill with mag dumps. so far we have not had to do this, anyone with even a little self-discipline knows what is "too much" and what is "just right".

put it this way: if i'm able to handle it, anyone can. [mg]

Hi Corey and welcome.....I live in Liecester and I belong to Hamilton R&G in Sturbridge right off MA Pike and RT 20. Great club.

Web site Hamilton Rod & Gun Club

Definately worth a look see and a visit. I'll be glad to take you around.

Good luck and rememeber the firearms safety handling rules.

Back
Top Bottom