• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to now....

C & R License came in yesterday, and shot scully714's SKS so now Im on the look out..lol..

what are some good sites to look at. pricing? etc.

PMs would be helpful..

Thanks Guys..

Oar348 has the best deal going on a quality shooter SKS. http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23820
Its not C&R but it is a definite steal even w/out bayonet lug. I've already mentioned it in a custom build thread... please someone buy it so I don't. [wink]

Now... to destroy your credit cards, go rocketing into debt, and have your wife pissed at you every other month because another one of those F*&^'n long boxes shows up via UPS, you need to go to the nearest newstand that sells Shotgun News and find companies selling C&R eligible guns you want.

Then you make copies of your C&R with Massachusetts FID or LTC (trust me on that one. Because we live in a restricted state, not many companies will ship here unless you provide a Mass firearms license too).
Once you do that send copies to every dealer you may ever want to buy from with your signature freshly signed in blue ink on the C&R copy. Faxing is acceptable to most but I've found mail works best because some are still skeptical of Mass licenses no matter what.[rolleyes]

Also... keep a bunch of copies on hand to mail with money orders to sellers on Gunbroker and Gunboards because once you cruise a few sites you'll see killer buys that you just can't live without.

Then, when your girlfriend/wife has cut you off from sex because shes pissed at you for buying guns instead of going out to eat or on vacation, and you start giving up other things like extra cable tv channels because that unissued Polish M44 Mosin Nagant was just screaming buy me for only $199 and you know you got a kick ass deal, you will have comfort in knowing its still months before rock bottom when you start buying parts guns because "hey, they're $50 less than the regulars and I can have winter projects!" [smile]

Which btw you wind up completing in less than a week because you suddenly find parts everywhere and a range trip for test firing is in order after only 7 days from the time the parts rifle arrived and you bought and installed everything you needed to make it complete and functional.[sad2]

CZ82
Couple of Mosins
CZ52
Nagant Revolver
Couple of Mausers
Couple of Enfields
Couple of 03s
Couple of carbines
Couple of garands

I'll let you know about next month.

Back
Top Bottom