• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to make custom shirts

I am starting a small business and have polo shirts that I would like to have my logo stitched onto so that it may look more professional thanks in advance for the help.

LL Bean and Lands End both do it. For online retailers, try HappyChef.com. I ordered a chef's coat for my wife from there that has held up well.

find your local shop. Most towns have a store where all the high school and town teams get their stuff done. They have a wide selection of shirts you can order. They will charge you a 1 time set up fee for the 'artwork.' Nice thing about embroidery is there isn't usually a minimum number of shirts you have to do each run (unlike silk screening where you have to do at least a dozen).

If you are in Boston I am sure there are many shops

thanks for all the responses to groundscrapers I'd be looking at about 5 for now and I do have my logo set to go as far as local I feel like they order in large quantities so they price varies greatly from 100 sweaters to 5 polos

There used to be a kiosk in the Solomon Pond mall that did embroidery on site, but I can't seem to find him he might be gone. He was reasonably priced; I had quite a few logo SWAG items done.

Even though you have artwork ready to go, it needs to be entered into the embroidery machine and the setup person has to tell the machine exactly how to stitch it. It might make tacks around the borders on larger logos to keep things from shifting and scrunching and other bad things that can happen during embroidery.

The setup person will tell the machine the direction of the stitches to make it look good (it matters a lot!) and also to tell the machine how many stitches per inch (or whatever the measurement is). The more stitches in the artwork (a combination of the size and the density) the more each finished piece will cost.

I'll see if I can find the guy's name and hunt him down for ya, but it's been a few years since I had any work done.

ETA I can't find that guy, I think his name was Gerald or some such, but I did find another place in Marlboro, right on Route 20 about 3 miles east of 495
https://www.embroideryunl.com/
Can't vouch for their work, but you can take a gander around their website and/or drop in to see them if you're near rt 495 some day

Last edited:
There is a place on Centre St in West Roxbury that does nice work. Can't think of the name, but it is right next to Super Flash and across from the West on Centre restaurant.

Find a local embroidery shop and take your design or logo and they'll digitize it. It won't be cheap and expect to purchase at least a dozen shirts.

Back
Top Bottom