Where to get powder and primers

I looked and it has been a couple of years since anyone asked this, so I guess I can ask again...

Where around Worcester should I be looking for powder and primers? I assume I am going to have to do some driving.

The only reasonable place around Worcester has been Cabela's for me. Other than that it's slim pickings. I would make the drive up to New Hampshire or to shooting supply down in Westport

A lot of places are picked clean right now so online bulk is the best bet.
You need to drop a few hundred to make the delivery worth it but if you have to travel two hours then it's a wash

Runnings in Putnam, CT carries reloading gear, but they have had little of late. Best to call ahead, if you're coming any distance.
CCI are the best value : 1000 count at $29.99 100 count and other brands are much higher.
Fortunately, MA people can still buy components without Lamont's permission, I believe.
Brown's in Thompson also sells components, so I've been informed.

Last edited:
I looked and it has been a couple of years since anyone asked this, so I guess I can ask again...

Where around Worcester should I be looking for powder and primers? I assume I am going to have to do some driving.
Drive up to Shooters Outpost in Hooksett, NH. They should have plenty of primers. Call before you drive up there though.

Drive up to Shooters Outpost in Hooksett, NH. They should have plenty of primers. Call before you drive up there though.

Fyi, I emailed Shooters Outpost awhile back to see if their Amherst store was equally stocked with powder and primers, as that would be a shorter ride from Worcester. It took awhile for them to get back to me so I ended up ordering from an online vendor, however, they did eventually get back to me in an email and said in the future I could call or email them whatever I needed and they would send it to the Amherst store for pickup.

Back
Top Bottom