• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to find reloading components

Rookie question here: I'm new to reloading and in the past never bothered to pay attention to which shops stocked bullets/powders/primers. I realize things are hard to come by nowadays but can anyone point me in the direction of some shops in SE MA to check out?

Sometimes it is worth taking a drive North. Between Rileys and Shooters Outpost in Hooksett, NH there is usually a good supply. As always, I would call first to find out if they have what you are looking for.

Try Bullseye Shooting Supplies in Woonsocket RI.
Also, depending on how much you're going to purchase, a trip up to NH could pay for itself quickly.

even before the shortage i found SE mass to suck for reloading supply....heritage gun and coin RI was always good...going south.

even before the shortage i found SE mass to suck for reloading supply....heritage gun and coin RI was always good...going south.

Last time I went there they had such small amounts of powder available they were selling 1lb batches out of 8lb jugs (pouring it in the back room).
This was a few months ago and I imagine they have better stocks by now. They were always light on bullets though.. Rileys in Hooksett is worth the trip.

Outback Arms in Plympton on rt58, a mile or so north of rt44, has a selection of powder, projectiles, and tools, although I lack the experience to say one way or t'other whether their prices or selection is fair.

I was at Shooters Outpost on Saturday morning when they unlocked the doors, the sales guy on the reloading counter said they just took delivery of 130,000 projectiles. LOTS of Hornady boxes on the shelves.
They had six or eight Dillon Square Deal presses in various calibers, but no 550s or 650s. Sales guy said they get a steady stream of stuff from Dillon and to call if I'm in the neighborhood or before making a special trip.
I saw several Rockchucker Supreme single stage presses too, and some shotshell stuff.

Sometimes it is worth taking a drive North. Between Rileys and Shooters Outpost in Hooksett, NH there is usually a good supply. As always, I would call first to find out if they have what you are looking for.

I was up yesterday and picked up some bullets and powder. A huge assortment of bullets, some primers, decent brass and little popular powders.

Was at KTP on Saturday. No .22 to speak of. Plenty of primers, little popular powders. No .22 at either Hooksett location.

Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely be doing some scouting soon.

I'm kind of in a dead zone as far as gun shops go, and being new to reloading means I don't have any "go to" components in mind yet. That makes driving an hour+ to get stuff kind of a pain in the ass.

Middleboro gun shop on Rt28 in Middleboro has powder, and bullets, ODS Guns In Yarmouth has powder, primers & bullets, & The Powder Horn in Hyannis has powder, primers & some bullets I have been at all 3 in the last week and all had some of everything not alot

I picked up Dillon 550B @Riley's on Sunday. Spent yesterday morning setting it up, hope to start reloading Saturday morning.

they had good supply of berry 9mm 124 grain I believe they had a limit of 1 box per caliber. They seemed to have a supply of other calibers

My trip focus was on buying press. I've been stocking up on supplies over the last couple of months, once I decided to start reloading.

I picked up Dillon 550B @Riley's on Sunday. Spent yesterday morning setting it up, hope to start reloading Saturday morning.

I picked up a used 550b a couple weeks ago. Between waiting on some stuff to come in from Brian Enos, staring at the piles of brass I've saved up over the last year or two of shooting, reading everything I can find about reloading and not having the time after work to get out to pick up the components I need, I'm reallly itching to get started. Hopefully this weekend it'll all come together.

Last time I went there they had such small amounts of powder available they were selling 1lb batches out of 8lb jugs (pouring it in the back room).
This was a few months ago and I imagine they have better stocks by now. They were always light on bullets though.. Rileys in Hooksett is worth the trip.

No doubt using a scale certified as legal for trade by the local department of weights and measures [smile]

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely be doing some scouting soon.

I'm kind of in a dead zone as far as gun shops go, and being new to reloading means I don't have any "go to" components in mind yet. That makes driving an hour+ to get stuff kind of a pain in the ass.

What you need to do is hook up with a few other reloaders and see if you can get a little group buy going. You could st least get gas money to offset your cost by picking items up for people.

Back
Top Bottom