Where to find a used Dillon?

Hi

I am looking to upgrade to a progressive machine and would like to go with Dillon. Where are the best places to look for used machines?

Thanks

Jeff

Well, I don't know if it's the best place, but I picked up mine on eBay. Mostly, there's new ones for sale, which are no deal, but if you wait long enough, you might run across a used one. The better deals are usually on presses being sold with several caliber setups - if you need those calibers. Expect shipping to be expensive.

Might be worth finding forums for high volume competitive shooters (USPSA, IDPA, etc.) and checking out their classifieds.

Good luck - took me a couple months to find mine!

advice

from a forum member.... buy a new one, there won;t be that much difference
between a new and old in terms of cost, and if your missing something
you'll have to buy it and pay for shipping. the warranty is the same
regardless.

Of course if you bought from someone you knew or can trust
thats a different story.

JimB

What are you looking to spend?

I just bought my first setup with some friends - we bought a Dillon RL 550B set up for 0.40S&W.

We spent about $750 direct from Dillon for this basic set up.

Going in with friends, especially ones that shoot similar calibers, can be a great way to spread the cost - but there can also be the issue of whose place it is kept at, how to distribute the cost of components etc. It all depends how good of friends they are.

But, long story short - I absolutley love the Dillon. Wish we had the cash for the 650, but either way the 550 is great.

finding someone willing to PART with a Dillon is a challenge all in itself! trust me, i know. i bought a SquareDeal from EddieCoyle, figuring i'd only load pistol for a LONG time. well, that changed. 3 months later, and here i am with a new 550b and a rockchucker (for prepping my rifle brass).

Kittery Trading Post has new 550b's (without caliber conversion kits) for $365+tax if you need it right away, otherwise Dillon direct has anything and everything you'd need for MSRP+~$20 shipping.

if you're spending over $400, the best deal is through BrianEnos.com (also an EXCELLENT resource for reloading information), who's offering free shipping on all orders over $400.

happy hunting.

I'd go with a new one. They come up on eBay and Gunbroker but aren't a bargain. The problem (if you can call it that) is that Dillon stuff retains its value. Used Dillon presses usually sells for at least 85-90% of their new retail cost. For me, that's usually not worth going with used.

But, if you're not in a hurry, look. Sometimes you can get a deal.

i got mine from ebay...it is a square deal and i paid $219 for it plus 40 for shipping. it is used and it works fine. you have to have patience as i got out bid quite a few times on other dillon presses. good luck with your search.

I bought my 650 used and I learned the hard way you are better off buying new like a few people here have already said. My press was missing a few parts and wasn't like the seller on GT had described it. The risk you as a buyer have to take isn't worth the small savings you get. Save up and get what you want. You'll be glad you did.[cheers]

Square Deal

Just saw a nice used one set up for 45 acp. Stateline Gun in Plaistow NH. Tell Gene you heard about it from Jim. It is in the box and seems to be all there. What most people don't realize is the square deal is very fast, but can only do pistol calibers. Mine works great.

Back
Top Bottom