Where to find a cosmolined SKS

Hey folks.. this might be a double post. But I can't find the original post has vanished. And I didn't get a notice saying I violated some rule.. so.. here it is again.. I did get one PM from a friend, so I'll assume a technical malfunction.

I am looking for a still in the cosmoline SKS. Any good sources? I am not normally a commie gun guy so I don't know the best places to look.

Just as an FYI, the previous thread got deleted because people (not the OP) were posting names of companies that ship to MA. Please don't do that.

Also, this thread belongs in the milsurp forum.

I am looking for a still in the cosmoline SKS. Any good sources? I am not normally a commie gun guy so I don't know the best places to look.

On Target Firearms, in Dracut, MA had some a few weeks ago (before the gun show), check there.
1794 Bridge St #9b, Dracut, MA 01826
(978) 967-4933

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/240729-Early-Original-Chinese-SKS?highlight=SKS

I may have gotten a matching Russian from this lot, but they were ordered as Chinese....

Last edited:
Too bad you want it still in cosmo. Most got cleaned years ago. They are out there though.
Try to find a "Cherry's" imported Cosmetically Unissued.
They are some of the nicest non-Russians I've seen.

There are many fans...

cleanYugo.jpg

Hey, that's mine. :D

As for finding one of the cosmo soaked imports from Albania, check the Springfield show this weekend, or the Marlboro one at the end of this month.

Yes some all Russian rifles were mixed in and some dealers are advertising Chinese models as Russians. Unless you know what you're looking at, you can't be sure because dealers are pushing these hard!

OT, call On Target. He's got one or two left. I was there tonight, and he's almost out, and the distributor he got them from is sold out. He also just got in Chinese Mosin carbines, and I grabbed one tonight. Minimal cosmoline, and stocks with lots of character. The remaining ones are 1956 manufacture, and have stocks with lots of "character".
These are great candidates for the Archangel stock. The M91/30's Joe's been getting in are awesome. I have a hard time putting one in the Archangel stock, but this Chinese one is an easy decision to swap out. And yes, I'll save the original stock.

The wood on yours looks really sweet Neuro! Congrats
I didnt post pics in this thread. But the wood on the Russian is solid for a beater. No cracks , one major gouge, over all i am pleased. It has a lot of character.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am headed to On Target at lunch today.

Enbloc: I feel like I need to bond with one before they are no longer available covered in slime. Or have one bond to me at the case may be. ;) If I wanted a "nice" one out of the box.. that's pretty easy to do.

Too bad you want it still in cosmo. Most got cleaned years ago. They are out there though.

There are many fans...

IMG_3486.jpg

cleanYugo.jpg

And the other one is mine ray[grin]

they are around. I have a brand new unissued yugo sks still in Cosmo , but it won't be cheap. [wink]. I got it From xxxxxx when they still sold them

You can find them on gunbroker quite often. All you need is a C &R license or an FFL to accept it

There are many fans...

IMG_3486.jpg

cleanYugo.jpg

My Cherrys Yugo (1976) was still in cosmo and all matching , I stole it for the price I bought it for. One of my favorite rifles.

So I didn't make it to the shop. I (blah blah blah), but I did manage to make it to my local place.

Sitting on the damn rack was a factory AK mag chineese unit. I didn't buy it but I think I am going to. I am a big fan of minimizing my magazine requirements, plus it's just a good idea. And of course I have a metric shit ton of AK mags.

Back
Top Bottom