Where to buy?

I am new to the whole firearms thing still waiting for my FID to come in. But was wondering where the best place to buy was a local shop or major retailor like dicks or basspro, etc. All i am looking for is a rem 870 and some sort of .22, im all about supporting local business but have heard that the major retailors are cheaper and at the moment would like to find cheapest deal out there.

BPS is horrible on handguns. Just about msrp

Rifles and shotguns prices are generally good

Go to collectors in stoneham. There loft is great if you want to check out tons of shotguns and some rifles

Local gunshops, kittery trading post, and ask family members because I found out my grandfather has a .22 and he's giving it to me for free. But yeah Four Seasons has decent prices on 870's.

[grin]

Bob's Webster, Ma
First Defense Uxbridge, Ma
IDC Clinton, Ma
FS Woburn, Ma
Blue Northern Trading Ayer, Ma
There is also a gun show coming up on March 3rd and 4th in Wilmington, Ma

I would go to any of the above before I bought a gun at Bass Pro.

From Dartmouth, I'd recommend you check out Village sports in Westport, C&F guns in Middleboro OR even Acme Armament in Plympton. [wink]

These three places would be great for the beginner (and the pro) because they are smaller shops that wont rush you out just to make the sale.

I'll keep some negative comments about a certain shop in Fall River to myself for now. What I will say is if you do venture to Fall River's only shop, be careful and go in knowing what your looking for. [wink]

I work at a police station and when I was looking for my first gun all the boys told me to go to NorthEast Trading in North Attleboro.

In the town I live in (Easton) there is a little gun shop called Zero Hour Arms

I haven't been to Northeast Trading, but I heard their prices are quite good and have a good selection. I will be going there to get my next gun. [smile]

I'd recommend purchasing your second firearm from Zero Hour, as well. There are several good vendors in your region who deserve your business. Unfortunately, North East Traders is not one of them.

I work at a police station and when I was looking for my first gun all the boys told me to go to NorthEast Trading in North Attleboro.

In the town I live in (Easton) there is a little gun shop called Zero Hour Arms

I haven't been to Northeast Trading, but I heard their prices are quite good and have a good selection. I will be going there to get my next gun. [smile]
May I recommend you do a thread search here on NES on Northeast Trading before you go there ? You might not want to spend a dime in that shop after you read about the three things he did intentionally against gun owners in this state.

Oooo thanks for the warnings about NES....I was just going by what a couple of people said to me. I am not one to usually travel to far out of my territory. I bought my first gun at ZeroHour just cuz I know about it and I haven't heard about too many problems, and most of the people I know have bought guns there. See this search feature thingy is going to be my new best friend!

I've heard complaints about every shop around me ... I gave up on going by what is said online as my experiences seem to always differ from what was said, shop around find a good price (Richie's in westport and north east traders have great prices) I've also had a good experience with middleboro guns (bit pricey) and pheasant ridge in seekonk/ rehoboth area (good selection okay prices)

P.s. don't jump on me for not pissing on N.E.T.
I'm just talking about prices/customer service...(hiding behind cover)

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

Oooo thanks for the warnings about NES....I was just going by what a couple of people said to me. I am not one to usually travel to far out of my territory. I bought my first gun at ZeroHour just cuz I know about it and I haven't heard about too many problems, and most of the people I know have bought guns there. See this search feature thingy is going to be my new best friend!
Zero Hour is a great place and like some of the other shops mentioned is well worth the extra drive to.

I've heard complaints about every shop around me.
P.s. don't jump on me for not pissing on N.E.T.
I'm just talking about prices/customer service...(hiding behind cover)
It's a free country and where you shop is your business.[thumbsup] All the threads regarding what NET did were only to inform the RKBA crowd about the three things he did and how it hurt them. It's your money and only you can decide whether or not to to go to his shop after educating yourself about how his actions affect you and other gun owners.

Zero Hour is a great place and like some of the other shops mentioned is well worth the extra drive to.

It's a free country and where you shop is your business.[thumbsup] All the threads regarding what NET did were only to inform the RKBA crowd about the three things he did and how it hurt them. It's your money and only you can decide whether or not to to go to his shop after educating yourself about how his actions affect you and other gun owners.

^this [thumbsup]

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

Best price and deals can only be had on the internet! I stopped buying from local dealers years ago and paying retail prices!

Back
Top Bottom