Where to buy tracer ammo in MA

Where can I get tracer rounds in MA for 9mm or 223?

The first and last time I've ever seen tracers for sale anywhere was in State Line in Mason NH, about 2 years ago. I havent seen any since but I havent been back to that shop since either.

Gun show ammo vendors and random gun shops sell it. You will usually pay too much for it.

-Mike

. . . and no gun range that I know of will allow it. The reason is that they frequently cause fires and wooded areas going up in flames are frowned upon . . . besides you could be a "star" on the 6PM news for causing it. [rolleyes]

Gun show ammo vendors and random gun shops sell it. You will usually pay too much for it.

-Mike

The ones I saw where $12ish for a box of 20. not to shabby.
s7_216835_imageset_01

if you have free state friends to ship to theres plenty on sale on line..... if you cant find the federal stuff get ready to pay 1/round + shipping. As noted I dont think there is a range in massachusetts that allows it.

That American Eagle stuff was on sale for $8 for box of 20 at Cabelas a month ago, it might still be. I posted a thread awhile back with the item number. You need to order it online and have it drop shipped to East Hartford.

It's also a lifetime LTC DQ in Mass. to shoot with tracer ammo outdoors unless you're on a shooting range.

I think its safe to say that the majority of the MA population does things daily that are disqualifications from a LTC. If you slip on a banana peel at a friggen store your DQ'd.

I think its safe to say that the majority of the MA population does things daily that are disqualifications from a LTC. If you slip on a banana peel at a friggen store your DQ'd.

I agree with you 110%. But if I can save someone from losing their LTC forever with a one sentence post...[grin]

I'm so damn paranoid I don't even like shooting at a range when someone else is there. I have some old 1992 era 15rd mags that came with my pistol and I get questions and/or looks everytime. Don't even want to mention the EBR's.

Whats the law say about about tracers again? You can have them but only shoot them at a range?

It's illegal to hunt or target shoot with them outdoors, unless target shooting at a range. It's all in the LTC DQ's thread linked in my sigline.

Last edited:
Saw some at Frank and Tiny's in Tyngsboro. A special order that was not paid for or picked up.

I'm so damn paranoid I don't even like shooting at a range when someone else is there. I have some old 1992 era 15rd mags that came with my pistol and I get questions and/or looks everytime. Don't even want to mention the EBR's.

If you get "questions and looks" for bringing a 15 round mag to the range I think that would be time to find a different place to shoot at. There are plenty of ranges in MA and NH where people generally mind their own business.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom