• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to buy shot shell?

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
I was wondering if any one knows where I could buy some .45acp shot shell. I'm not asking for some place online since i know better then to ask that ....but wanted to know if any stores carried it in stock ma or nh.

I know it's expensive and more or less useless , unless your trying to shoot snakes or rodents. I just want to get some for fun to screw with my buddy.
He keeps on dissing my 1911 cause it holds less then his glock .40 s&w.

Walmart has it but usually stuffed away in a corner....its fun for cans to a out 25 feet.
Will do the job on snakes and rats if your that close.

I've seen them online before , but I'm not ready to reload.. I did read there is a way with special dies you don't need to buy those plastic caps. I figured they be harder to find.

I load shot into 38 special cases with no capsules. I use 3.5 gr of 700x powder, drop a cardboard wad on top of the powder ( cut the cardboard wads from the backing from a note pad with a hole punch slightly larger than the 38 case) I fill the case with #8 shot about 1/16 inch short of the top, put another cardboard wad on top and put a heavy roll crimp on the case. I brush a small amount of elmers glue on the edge of the cardboard to hold it in place and seal the edge. It'll pop most of the pellets through 1/4" plywood from about 15 feet. Plenty of punch for rats, chipmunks, squirrels. etc.

Back
Top Bottom