Where to buy powder and supplies?

Just getting into the reloading scene for pistol and rifle. Used to do a lot of shotshell before moving to the communistwealth of MA but have done none since coming here. Where do you buy your reloading supplies such as powder and primers in the south shore area? Thanks in advance for your input.

None in the mail but there are some such as "_______" and "________" that have a good supply. Welcome to NES. No need to yell.[wink]

Last edited:
reloading supplies

Just getting into the reloading scene for pistol and rifle. Used to do a lot of shotshell before moving to the communistwealth of MA but have done none since coming here. Where do you buy your reloading supplies such as powder and primers in the south shore area? Thanks in advance for your input.

Try Blue Northern Trading Company 91 Littleton Rd Ayer, Ma.

Is middleboro close?

I notice you're in Carver, T3. If Middleboro isn't too much of a schlep, the Middleboro Gun shop had a pretty fair stock of primers, powders and some bullets. He'll probably order you whatever you want if he doesn't have it. Pretty nice guy.

really wasn't yelling...just trying to type in a font that the more...mature can read without glasses. [grin]

The mature among us have already used ctrl-+ to increase the font size in the browser and/or are using reading glasses. There is no reason for you to change the font size in your post.

I go to Northeast Traders, North Attleboro. Ted can order you anything you need if not in stock and his prices are very good. He has treated me very well over the last couple of years.

Reloading supplies

Try South Shore Tactical in Hanover, MA.
Keeps some inventory but can get you pretty much of what you want.
Check out the thread in the dealer section...best to call first.

Riley's in NH (Hooksett ) has the best prices/selection, worth the trip.

Blue Northern in Ayer has some stuff (powder, primers) in stock, and can order other stuff for you. Their prices generally are higher than Riley's, though.

-Mike

NorthshoreFirearms is now a stocking Dillon dealer, and usually has a decent supply of primers/powder. price on primers is ~ average (there are cheaper places locally), but their price on powder cant be beat unless im going to rileys (which isnt worth the drive unless i'm already going up there for some other reason...$21.50/lb @ NSF vs. $19/lb @ Rileys for $20 in gas...hmmmmmmm.)

NorthshoreFirearms is now a stocking Dillon dealer, and usually has a decent supply of primers/powder. price on primers is ~ average (there are cheaper places locally), but their price on powder cant be beat unless im going to rileys (which isnt worth the drive unless i'm already going up there for some other reason...$21.50/lb @ NSF vs. $19/lb @ Rileys for $20 in gas...hmmmmmmm.)

Four Season's (Woburn) is about the same price as NSF. I purchased three pounds of
powder today (2230, 2520, H335) and the total bill (including tax) came to $68 and change.

Four Season's (Woburn) is about the same price as NSF. I purchased three pounds of
powder today (2230, 2520, H335) and the total bill (including tax) came to $68 and change.

weird.

i bought a pound of W231 @ four seasons once. $28.

same pound of W231 @ NSF: $21.50.

NSF is a 10min drive vs 30min for FS. its a no-brainer for me (i use W231 in all my 9mm and .38sp loads though, so thus far, its my *only* powder). this hobby is expensive enough for me, so i dont tend to experiment with a lot of different powders when W231 works very well for me.

i do need to find a good powder for my .223 stuff though (my .223 caliber conversion and other misc. goodies from Dillon arrived today!)

I asked North Shore Firearms a week ago to stock Winchester 748. (It's what I use for .223 and .308 and as I understand it, what Winchester uses at the factory for .308). I hope they get some in! Driving to Rileys is pretty far!

Kittery trading Post also has a good selection if you are in the southern Maine/Portsmouth NH area for any reason.

Birdman

weird.

i bought a pound of W231 @ four seasons once. $28.

same pound of W231 @ NSF: $21.50.

NSF is a 10min drive vs 30min for FS. its a no-brainer for me (i use W231 in all my 9mm and .38sp loads though, so thus far, its my *only* powder). this hobby is expensive enough for me, so i dont tend to experiment with a lot of different powders when W231 works very well for me.

i do need to find a good powder for my .223 stuff though (my .223 caliber conversion and other misc. goodies from Dillon arrived today!)

I got some Titegroup a while back (May '08) at FS and it was $21/Lb. I also bought some
231 but I neglected to write down what I paid for it. I don't remember it costing that much
more or I would have noted it. Primers are about $3 cheaper at Riley's, powder a buck or
two. That plus tax savings add up on a large order, but FS is a lot closer to me then
Riley's. [smile]

21 bucks 1lb............thats to much. titegroup should be about 16 1lb. Is there some reason why mass dealers charge more, have less in stock? Are they limitted how much they can have? It sucks, but I can save money with mail order even with the haz mat and shipping. Crazy and sad.

21 bucks 1lb............thats to much. titegroup should be about 16 1lb. Is there some reason why mass dealers charge more, have less in stock? Are they limitted how much they can have?

It is my understanding that the Woburn fire marshal greatly limits how much powder Four Seasons can keep in stock.

21 bucks 1lb............thats to much. titegroup should be about 16 1lb. Is there some reason why mass dealers charge more, have less in stock? Are they limitted how much they can have? It sucks, but I can save money with mail order even with the haz mat and shipping. Crazy and sad.

Titegroup at Riley's wasn't too much cheaper. If I remember correctly it was around $19 and
change. Buying a couple of pounds of powder isn't going to save much money via mail order
when you throw in the haz mat fee and freight cost. PM me where you are getting Titegroup
for $16/Lb. please.

$2.50/lb price difference. 8lbs is the break even point. With a Dillon press, 8lbs will last the weekend.[smile]

If in the Derry, NH area, Al's Gun & Reel Shop has always had what I was after (Big jug of Reloader 15 and rifle primers last trip). And no extortion... I mean... uh... MA sales tax.

Unlike Kittery Trading Post, (which sadly has become more of a boutique than a gun shop), which had no Reloader 15, or IMR 4064, or black powder the last (and boy do I mean LAST) 3 times I went there!

Back
Top Bottom