Where to buy free-state mags and which ones to buy?

If heading to TN with a bike I would try to do part of the blue ridge parkway.

Not to be a party-pooper, but I believe the Blue Ridge Parkway has some restrictions regarding larger trucks.
Ask me how I know ...
It was a Ram 3500 dually - and no we didn't get pulled over because MOPAR ;)
It's been awhile, and it might be because we had commercial plates (can't remember all the details).

Gun Mag Warehouse has been good to order from, but I'd agree with the suggestion to use a mag hunt as the excuse to scope out your new local shops.

I just got 10 Pmag 30's Gen2 for $96 Shipped.
I will be looking for some 22LR AR mags for a
retro M16-A1 build I have at the Concord NH
Gun Show this weekend.

P.S. I am going out near St Louis next week about
1600 Miles and 20 Hours driving. I have an aux fuel
tank in my tool box in my pickup. Total of 62 Gallons.
I get almost 1000 miles only stopping for P breaks.
Have a cooler in the cab for snacks and drinks.

Malodave

Last edited:
  1. FN if you really want to drop $30 per mag.
  2. Limited release Lancer colored mags
  3. Lancer
  4. Ok Industries Surefeed
  5. All the other shit like Magpul.

I made it from Seattle to Boston in 6 days, and that included stopping and seeing some of the sights along the way. Otherwise I probably could’ve done it in 4.

Remember - it’s the pedal on the right that makes you go fast(er) :)

I'd forgotten about GunMagWarehouse.

CDNNinvestments.com is a good place if you want to order online.

Isn't TN the place that has that extra tax on ammo? Seems strange for a "free" state.

You can probably pick up almost anything you're looking for from an l.g.s. down there.
I was down in Chattanooga a few weeks back, went to a few places around that way and just over the Tenn/ Ga state line.
Amazing what you can get for short money, or at least short compared to what sells as used around here.
Went to this big box place called Academy Sports. At least 2 aisles of ammo, and not behind glass either.
Going back in a few weeks hopefully to buy land in Signal Mountain / Walden Area.

You can tell by the driving responses that our forum is filled with a bunch of uptight, impatient northerners (myself included) ;-)

I can drive farther in less time....I pee in a jar, take some uppers, stopping for rest is for losers !!!!

Our man here is soon to be on southern time....relax, take your time, no sense getting worked up....we could all learn something here.

As far as where, I'd go GrabaGun and CDNN for my mags, provided the prices are similar to other outlets. I'd avoid PSA if possible only b/c of their draconian not-so-free-state policies. Might be owned by the same people as Not Really Cheaper Than Dirt based on the policies alone. (They aren't, but the policies are eerily similar.)

Brownell's and Midway often have good mag deals, but anything I've seen lately that was worth buying was at hte above 2. Glock mags are $20/ea at CDNN. If the SC struck down mag bans tomorrow, I'd have about $500 of mags shipped to me from there. LOL. I might buy mags for Glocks I don't even own. Just because.

As far as where, I'd go GrabaGun and CDNN for my mags, provided the prices are similar to other outlets. I'd avoid PSA if possible only b/c of their draconian not-so-free-state policies. Might be owned by the same people as Not Really Cheaper Than Dirt based on the policies alone. (They aren't, but the policies are eerily similar.)

Brownell's and Midway often have good mag deals, but anything I've seen lately that was worth buying was at hte above 2. Glock mags are $20/ea at CDNN. If the SC struck down mag bans tomorrow, I'd have about $500 of mags shipped to me from there. LOL. I might buy mags for Glocks I don't even own. Just because.
I think the folks in California appreciated PSA working pretty much 24x7 to flood the state with 30 round AR mags during the injunction and filing an amicus brief with the courts and donating to their cases might disagree.

They do have some dumb policies and I don't love their stuff always, but few companies have done so much to put so many AR15s in the hands of civilians. Do they make money off it? Sure. But I do think they help the cause.

I will not object to PSA's policy of shipping nothing to MA. It's their company, and I understand thinking that it's easier to not try to figure out the insanity that is MA gun law. I will refuse to like them for it.

Terms and Conditions

Back
Top Bottom