• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where the HELL is the NRA ?

That. My opinions on the National Rifle Association are well-recorded here on NES and I stand by every single word. However, looking to an organization to save the day is beyond the scope of ludicrous... The fact that New Yorkers are not storming into Albany is indicative of how far down the toilet we've gone. Americans no longer stand up for themselves - they put their liberty in the hands of an organization to do their bidding and are surprised by the outcome...
As Mark said. I believe this time they are working on all they can and actually not supporting any more gun control. We shall see but the people that really need to stand up and be heard are all of us.
United we stand divided we fall.
The trap,skeet,sporting clays, hunters,target shooters etc.need to come to the realization that this is only the first step towards a ban on most if not all guns. They will not stop at AR's,AK's etc.

I agree with others on this thread that GOAL's efforts thus far (or at least the communication of same) has been very disappointing.

Your absolutely right... GOAL (AND NRA for that matter) should hash out it's plans and thoughts in a public forum for guys like you to approve of and make sure that the plans are well known to the opposition before acting on them... I wouldn't want to actually bring a battle before our opposition that we have not given them a full and proper briefing about so they can bury us......

UNREAL!

This. Shotguns and bolt rifles still safe? YUP. They just hit the snooze button again.

But by all means please keep giving them your money. It's clearly working.

The next time they call me at dinner time looking for cash, I will instruct them where to find it.

Just got this via email a bit ago... Sigh...

NRA Statement in Response to President
Obama's Gun Control Proposals

Fairfax, Va. – Throughout its history, the National Rifle Association has led efforts to promote safety and responsible gun ownership. Keeping our children and society safe remains our top priority.

The NRA will continue to focus on keeping our children safe and securing our schools, fixing our broken mental health system, and prosecuting violent criminals to the fullest extent of the law. We look forward to working with Congress on a bi-partisan basis to find real solutions to protecting America’s most valuable asset – our children.

Attacking firearms and ignoring children is not a solution to the crisis we face as a nation. Only honest, law-abiding gun owners will be affected and our children will remain vulnerable to the inevitability of more tragedy.

-NRA-
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. Four million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Be sure to follow the NRA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation and on Twitter @NRA.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/n...he-national-rifle-association-of-america.aspx

Last edited:
Just got this via email a bit ago... Sigh...

NRA Statement in Response to President
Obama's Gun Control Proposals

Fairfax, Va. – Throughout its history, the National Rifle Association has led efforts to promote safety and responsible gun ownership. Keeping our children and society safe remains our top priority.

The NRA will continue to focus on keeping our children safe and securing our schools, fixing our broken mental health system, and prosecuting violent criminals to the fullest extent of the law. We look forward to working with Congress on a bi-partisan basis to find real solutions to protecting America’s most valuable asset – our children.

Attacking firearms and ignoring children is not a solution to the crisis we face as a nation. Only honest, law-abiding gun owners will be affected and our children will remain vulnerable to the inevitability of more tragedy.

-NRA-
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. Four million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Be sure to follow the NRA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation and on Twitter @NRA.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/n...he-national-rifle-association-of-america.aspx

All I read is a bunch of blah blah blah, we want you to think we are doing something blah blah blah children blah blah blah.
They sound a lot like Obama.

That Email says absolutely nothing. Their commercial against Obama is pathetic. How about they use some real stats from a GOVERNMENT website?

Yup, I'm pissed!!! I posted the link so you would not think I was joking! Total pussy response!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom