• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where the HELL is the NRA ?

The NRA wants to take on the proposed changes from that dim wit Biden, then piece by piece they will pick it apart. They are asking for money because to take on this issue as well as the Barry machine will take $$$ and support from its members. IMHO its time we stick together, support the NRA and other national and local gun rights organizations.

One part of the proposal which leaked yesterday which scares the crap out of me is that air head Biden is recommending that the Brady foundation be involved in the approval process of gun applicants. A non government agency dictating how to enforce and have ALL the data on our firearms. This is getting stranger by the moment.

FWIW I ordered some things from their online catalog. They sell tactical lights, cleaning kits, knives etc etc

The question here should be where the hell is the outrage of the gun owners?

We have been sucker punched by a minoirity that hasn't got the first clue about rights and or personal responsibility
Will these same people that vote for these laws continue to get into office as they have so many times in the past?

There is no unity among us. What small percentage of all gun owners are NRA members? How many gun rights organizations are there in the US? How do they all network and share resources? How many gun owners abstained from voting in the last election? It was a lot, in the millions. What large percentage of them do not support any of these organizations? We have the numbers, but complacency will destroy us and the US. Watch how low the turnout will be at the State House this Saturday. Unless we all show up, it will not make news. If we all show up, the city will be in gridlock. I'll be there.

I am an NRA member and contribute to their coffers frequently, but IMO they don't really expend much effort in the Northeast because they know it's a losing battle and has been for years. Just like NY and CT, when MA announces new legislation today (from Mighty Mouse Deval) and Friday (possibly from douche-bag David Linsky) they will issue a strongly worded statement advising citizens to contact their representatives, but that's about all I expect.

I agree with others on this thread that GOAL's efforts thus far (or at least the communication of same) has been very disappointing.

Yell at the NRA only 24 hours later? That's laughable. One of the few guys to stand up to the bullshit got his permit yanked and half of you idiots thought it was funny.

We're doomed.

This is a bigger problem than the NRA and also bigger than guns, and is focused in three areas...

Executive branch becoming more powerful day by day, now so much so that rubber stamp legislatures like NY approve bills written by the police (the muscle of the executive branch). This would be the case at the Federal level also except we are lucky the house is "diverse"

Focus on democracy rather than republicanism, we have been brainwashed that just because 51% of people vote for something that it's gotta be right

Judges becoming political appointments, again enabled by a weak legislature.

Guns just need to be removed as they are a hindrance to the above...

Pretty sure the N in NRA stands for "National" not "New York."

It's hard to fight the opposition until they reveal themselves and their plans.

I doubt they are sitting on their hands but likely have a war room with their best and brightest planning out the strategy under various conditions.

It's hard to fight the opposition until they reveal themselves and their plans.

I doubt they are sitting on their hands but likely have a war room with their best and brightest planning out the strategy under various conditions.

I demand a live video feed of this war room! For some reason, I think the feed would be similiar to.. [wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
NRA is experiencing firsthand a campaign of shock and awe! And just like our enemies in the mideast, the response is a guerrila campaign (protests, ads, court cases, supreme court cases, etc), it will be a while before we can recover and possibly win this.

Electrions have consequences"

Yell at the NRA only 24 hours later? That's laughable. One of the few guys to stand up to the bullshit got his permit yanked and half of you idiots thought it was funny.

We're doomed.

That. My opinions on the National Rifle Association are well-recorded here on NES and I stand by every single word. However, looking to an organization to save the day is beyond the scope of ludicrous... The fact that New Yorkers are not storming into Albany is indicative of how far down the toilet we've gone. Americans no longer stand up for themselves - they put their liberty in the hands of an organization to do their bidding and are surprised by the outcome...

In so many local elections, the moonbat runs unopposed. We have to stop this sh!t. A regular guy should be able to beat these jerks if we all unite and vote. Maybe not in Cambridge or Brookline, but certainly outside of the Rt 128 belt and in more free states. That's how we are going to fight this. People need to step forward and get someone on the ballot as an alternative to enemies of the Constitution.

In so many local elections, the moonbat runs unopposed. We have to stop this sh!t. A regular guy should be able to beat these jerks if we all unite and vote. Maybe not in Cambridge or Brookline, but certainly outside of the Rt 128 belt and in more free states. That's how we are going to fight this. People need to step forward and get someone on the ballot as an alternative to enemies of the Constitution.

I'm planning on running for State Representative in the 14th Middlesex District in 2014. I will be running on the Libertarian platform and it will be a grassroots, door door, flyer campaign. Getting on the ballot is relatively easy. If anyone wants more information on how to get on the ballot or help learning about how to run I would be more than willing to help. We are trying to get a Liberty-minded candidate on the ballot for as many local and state elections as possible, we need individuals who are tired to step up and run. Ballot access is the easy part, and from there you can decide how much effort you want to put into your campaign. In addition, the more people that we get to run the more each of us can drum up support for one another.

PM me for more info

NY gerrymandered this option away.

I'm not sure if they are complicit, but they sure as heck need to start playing a more savvy game. We may all be very self-satisfied that 'the antis' are full of crap, but the NRA and other groups don't need to convince us. They need to convince everyone else. As long as Obama, the left, and the media are staging a full court press on propaganda, we need a rational voice saying something more than "they're coming for your guns!".

We need a fact-based, persuasive case to be made. I don't think that the majority should determine our rights in a fit of hysteria, but you need to take apart the lies and misrepresentations in an irrefutable way.

ETA: and yeah, I agree that we can't just sit back and expect the NRA to do it all for us. They are clearly tainted on both sides of the issue, so their effectiveness may be compromised in the eyes of many.

I'm wondering what the critics of the NRA think they should be doing about the list of proposed legislation that Biden and Obama created. They clearly weren't consulted and the process to create them wasn't public. What should they have done? They were released minutes ago. What should they have done between then and now?

As for NY, that bill was pushed through at midnight, voted on this morning and signed an hour later. What were they supposed to do there?

This is not a short battle. This is going to take a long time to fight. It will require winning over legislators who are on the fence and bolstering those on our side. It will require changing public opinion which, unfortunately, can't be done with the flip of a switch. It will require fighting in the courts which is never quick.

I have no reverence for the NRA. They are not magical or perfect. They are, however, the most powerful voice for gun owners at the current time. I'd prefer to see them make informed decisions and actions rather than grandstanding or getting into pissing matches with Piers Morgan.

The NRA is far from perfect but they are one of our most important organizations and well organized. If it weren't for them we would be royally screwed already. Like it or not the NRA is the biggest lever we have at the moment so I say put aside any butt hurt and join if your not a member or rejoin if your membership has lapsed. They haven't done anything in MA, true. They've interfered with the efforts of others, true. But listen, the NRA scares the living shit out of the pols that would subvert our rights, its worth joining just for that alone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The NRA is far from perfect but they are one of our most important organizations and well organized. If it weren't for them we would be royally screwed already. Like it or not the NRA is the biggest lever we have at the moment so I say put aside any butt hurt and join if your not a member or rejoin if your membership has lapsed. They haven't done anything in MA, true. They've interfered with the efforts of others, true. But listen, the NRA scares the living shit out of the pols that would subvert our rights, its worth joining just for that alone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tell that to the people in CA, NY, NJ, IL, MA... im sorry, but last I checked we already are royally screwed. The reason why other states are nkt is because of how the people voted and their attitude towards guns. The NRA can suck it.

We need the NRA, but to say they are clumsy in how they work the media is an understatement. Everyone knew the details of today's press conf, right down to the Obamic Youth Movement. They needed to have a press strategy of their own for today: a press conference and media materials ready to go when the dictator finished.

Otherwise, where's the opposition? Where's the "conversation"? How does the message get out that adjustable stocks and pistol grips don't cause mass-murder?

In addition, people really need to stop using the idiotic term 'butt hurt' as a catch-all rebuttal to opposing points of view. How about the NRA's next TV add be Wayne LaPierre asking Obama, "umadbro?"

This has nothing to do with my feelings, my butt, or anything else other than the shared perception that the NRA needs a better message and stronger advocacy. Yes, this may well need to be a grass-roots effort. Yes, the media is against us. But that doesn't mean you don't pick yourself up, get out there, and dispel all the myths about guns in the US.

I agree that the NRA is an important advocate for gun rights. But that doesn't change the fact that they are being completely reactionary in the current battle. Politically, we may all be licking our wounds. Nevertheless, we pick ourselves up and advocate for the cause. Obama is appealing to mainstream America as he sees it, and let's be clear: lots of people think he seems reasonable. The NRA, meanwhile, is preaching to the choir.

A non gun owner is not likely watching the new NRA ad and thinking, "Wow, Obama's daughters have armed guards, I need guns, and I don't want more gun control!!!!". I'd love it if I was proven wrong here.

Sigh. These threads may be more frustrating than reading the commens on Metrowest daily news.

Last edited:
In addition, people really need to stop using the idiotic term 'butt hurt' as a catch-all rebuttal to opposing points of view. How about the NRA's next TV add be Wayne LaPierre asking Obama, "umadbro?"

Actually, that would totally work. This is the problem with the gun community, all of you are out of touch with the "middle-ground majority" you desperately want to win over. Guns need to move back from the fringes of society to mainstream.

That. My opinions on the National Rifle Association are well-recorded here on NES and I stand by every single word. However, looking to an organization to save the day is beyond the scope of ludicrous... The fact that New Yorkers are not storming into Albany is indicative of how far down the toilet we've gone. Americans no longer stand up for themselves - they put their liberty in the hands of an organization to do their bidding and are surprised by the outcome...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MassMark again.

Little did America knew. While they where away at Shotshow all the gun laws had changed by the time they got home.

Know why all the AR-15 30 round mags are on back order until May? Because the retailers don't want to risk sitting on millions of dollars worth of contraband. I don't believe that they cant get anything in stock or that they are are selling out as quickly as they receive shipments. Scary. Hopefully nothing will pass and in June, we'll all go bargain shopping. Little hope of that.

If people in CA, NY, NJ, IL, MA. , believe the NRA isn't doing anything for them, why the hell are they supporting the NRA with membership ?
And if they are not an NRA member, why the hell are they whining about what the NRA does or doesn't do ?

Know why all the AR-15 30 round mags are on back order until May? Because the retailers don't want to risk sitting on millions of dollars worth of contraband. I don't believe that they cant get anything in stock or that they are are selling out as quickly as they receive shipments. Scary. Hopefully nothing will pass and in June, we'll all go bargain shopping. Little hope of that.

It's possible, but don't underestimate hoarding mentality. If people go to the store and buy multiple gallons of milk and loaves of bread in anticipation of a storm that won't even prevent them from getting to the store, then it stands to reason that in the face of a total ban, all inventory in the supply chain is gone, and there is a wait for the next manufacturing cycle.

With some things, you may be right, but I think the ammo manufacturers, at least, must be pressing ammo full out to fill what is essentially unlimited demand.

Let's also keep in mind that the vast majority of weapons manufacturers are exporting their products, so even if domestic demand is eliminated, they still need to make all the weapons we are selling to our friends and enemies.

Back
Top Bottom