• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where the HELL is the NRA ?

Just saw one mentioned on Comcast when I signed on...... No surprise Coumo + turds got most text of article

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130115/US-USA-GUNS-NEWYORK/

Basically sounds like the Governor won this battle and there is little or nothing to be done about reversing it.................. If Obama has the same option/power, be prepared for his magic pen stroke!!!

Last edited:
There is a whole pile of problems with the law even a,ongst anti judges. Violates obamacare for one and if a state.can violate ocare on this can states ignore the rest of it. The other really big ome is there is taking without compensation. That was a big no no. Time will tell, but it sucks in the here and now for nyers.

I wrongly assumed that both the NRA and organization like GOAL would be on the front, beating their chest, Braveheart style, rallying the troops. However, both have been complacent, sending emails with old news about stuff we read days ago, asking us to sign whitehouse petitions.

It's pretty sad that I get an email from GOAL, days after NES was beating the war drums, telling me to rally on the 19th and linking to the video of NutnFancy. Is this not important enough for Jim Wallace to get in front of a camera and make a call for action? These organizations should be taking the lead on refining logistics and organization of demonstrations, thus improving both turn out and success.

I guess the moral of the story is I should start sending NutnFancy annual dues...

This string reminds me of this video:

Where is the NRA! We're goona die! Somebody save us! Where the hell were you all during the election? Where will you be when your voice needs to be heard? How many of your representatives, senators, and congressman have you written?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this not important enough for Jim Wallace to get in front of a camera and make a call for action? These organizations should be taking the lead on refining logistics and organization of demonstrations, thus improving both turn out and success.

This.

"How many of your representatives, senators, and congressman have you written?"

All of them..

My guess would be that right now the NRA is focused on what is going on in DC. NY has rushed through their stupidity. It will take time to prepare proper legal challenges to that. Going into court half-cocked is good way to lose and cement a law into place.

NY is a done deal and will take time to unwind. I would rather that the NRA focus on stopping legislation before it gets passed. Sometimes that is best done quietly. I'm trying to be patient, but it is difficult.

Where is the NRA! We're goona die! Somebody save us! Where the hell were you all during the election? Where will you be when your voice needs to be heard? How many of your representatives, senators, and congressman have you written?

That video is disgusting. What have we become.

First off, this man-lady clearly needs gas, and lots of gas for her generator. That's an issue we'll all face at one point or another. Secondly, more gas. Lastly, I've sent plenty of hand written letters with fancy stamps along with emails, which no doubt get classified as spam at this point.

In closing, get this lady her gas and she'll be good. Gas.

I think the NRA is playing their app on their Ipads......another reason why i no longer help fund the NRA, What have they done for us in Mass?

The NY bill was submitted and passed in a few hours. Not much the NRA could do, I don't think the NYS Senate called them up and asked permission to ram this bill through the legislature.

I agree, though, we are under national attack. Not just from the Feds, but on a State level in a number of states. I would feel at least a little bit better if the NRA was out there giving us some kind of plan of action... Although based on some of their recent statements I'm not sure I'd trust any advice they came up with.

I was plenty ticked off when I got a message from the NRA trying to sell me a book on gunsmithing. I immediately wrote to them, first on their web site, which failed (it wouldn't allow any text in the reply form). So I had to snail mail them. In short, exactly as people say in this thread, they need to extend their support to help those willing to fight grass roots battles. They need to show people how to be effective in that, and provide resources. They're unmatched in battling slow moving federal legislation and challenging laws in courts. We need that, but its not enough anymore.
So, until the NRA can get that ship on course, what I see on here on NES as a new member is what's needed at the state level. In addition people need to reach out on a personal level to everyone they know. Make them understand, we all have to engage, and not wait for the NRA to fight these local battles. My family is all up in NY and they're dumbstruck how fast this hit them. We've got to be able to react as quickly as the madness.

The NRA is probably wishing they put that $14-18 million into a legal defense fund rather than throwing it away last November. I see no success by winning in Congress but losing at the state level.

Come on NRA go on the offensive, move the annual meeting from safe haven states like Texas and PA to battleground states like New York, NJ, or MA.

Im getting email requests for money, haven't heard SHIT on what they are planning to do...

WTF

Thats because they wont do anything. Their stupid magazine nevr mentions the north east. I am gad I stopped donating a few years ago.

DON'T RELY ON SOMEONE ELSE, Has Katrina taught us nothing?

YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOURSELF. These are your God given rights, if you are not going to fight for them, who will? Work with people and organizations when possible, sway others to your cause.

I have, and will continue to contact my reps, senators, and the Speaker of the House. I have made my own preparations, I have made my own decisions on how I will proceed. I will not comply, I will not submit.

Im getting email requests for money, haven't heard SHIT on what they are planning to do...

WTF

Of course you're getting requests for money - court battles are expensive. As has been pointed out "the NRA" - referring to the national organization - is really limited in what it can do in this sort of situation. NY isn't far from machine politics, and the NRA's influence there (and in the northeast in general) is limited.

Realize that the NRA is nothing more or less than the sum of its members, and it is those members that really make it powerful. We are all the NRA, and right now it is not national action or pretty statements that are necessary. It's the gun owners reminding politicians that we are here, we care, and long after the supporters on the left have flitted away to other causes, we will remember the betrayals and will put time and effort into opposing those who screw us over. We need to stop this crap - not the NRA, not GOA, us.

You can not fight what you do not know. If they do not know what the course of action is, the best they can do is twist the arms of the republicans in the house, and that is not a job you broadcast to the country.

The NRA is working behind the scenes in Washington.... There are other great organizations that can help on a national level like, SAF , GOA and others.... even the 10th Amendment Center possibly.

like others have said in here, we need to do our part by writting letters and emails. Also Joining state groups that can help our causes is a good idea at this point.

Last edited:
Funny that so many people bitch about the NRA. All the shouting and crying that the NRA does nothing. Yet it's the NRA who gets blamed by all the anti gunners for failed gun grabs. In the eyes of Brady et al the NRA is enemy number 1. They must be doing something right. If you think you're not getting $25 or $50 a year worth out of the NRA I think you need to look again. Are they perfect? No. Are they pretty good? Yes. Do they sometimes cater to the fudds? Yes. Why? Because the Fudds are a huge percentage of their membership. If you really want to help the NRA then pay the tiny amount of money and let them do their thing. Then do your thing. Talk to Fudds and try to turn them into real gun lovers. Convert your friends to gun people. Stop worrying about the repercussions and let people know you have guns. Offer to take them shooting. Now is the time. Let's go people.

ETA Just as there are some people here who will resign from the NRA because they aren't extreme enough there are Fudds who will resign because they are too extreme. If you want the NRA to be more aggressive you have to change the makeup of their membership. You do that by a) joining b)convincing those moderate NRA members that they need to be more aggressive

Last edited:
**************************************************************DELETE********************************************************************

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom