Where the hell is all the 223?

Guess I missed something, every ammo wholesaler across the country is out of 223/556. Here we go again!!

Green tip is about to be banned and everyone has their buckets in a twist, so they're buying up everything in that caliber. I swear they do this shit anytime they think tax revenue is going to sag and we react by stripping the shelves.

sent from the depths of HELL using TapaTalk.

I don't think there's an easier group to manipulate, one whom the govt has by the balls the tightest, than gun owners.

One little comment by the govt and it moves an entire market. Wall Street only dreams of having this kind of power.

On Second thought, through government, might they not have it already?

Yeah, yeah they do.....

While my fiance was at her spa day yesterday, she told me to go to a gun store and buy something. So I got some 556 at acme armament.

Bunch of this:American Eagle 223 REM 55GR FMJ 20rd @ $10.47at the Attleboro Walmart
And some of this: Winchester 5.56 55-Grain Full-Metal Jacket Bullets @ $10.87

It's currently all stacked floor to ceiling in the basements of guys who don't actually own any firearms chambered in 5.56 and guys who are selling it in the classifieds for 4x retail.

- - - Updated - - -

While my fiance was at her spa day yesterday, she told me to go to a gun store and buy something. So I got some 556 at acme armament.

Is that her way of telling you that you are grumpy and need shopping therapy?

It's currently all stacked floor to ceiling in the basements of guys who don't actually own any firearms chambered in 5.56 and guys who are selling it in the classifieds for 4x retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that her way of telling you that you are grumpy and need shopping therapy?

Some of those asking prices are effin crazy.

Bunch of this:American Eagle 223 REM 55GR FMJ 20rd @ $10.47at the Attleboro Walmart
And some of this: Winchester 5.56 55-Grain Full-Metal Jacket Bullets @ $10.87

Good to see they have it, but over 50 cents a round is certainly no deal, which is why it's just sitting there.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, bunch of pricks. It's sitting right next to their stacks of .22 that they never touch either..

They sure are. My guess would be that it's some of the people who caused the last shortage taking advantage of an opportunity to clear out some of their "stock". I've got 2-3K 5.56 and am not running around looking for more. It's plenty for what I need it for and I'm not going to be one of the jackasses causing more shortages.

Pretty much, bunch of pricks. It's sitting right next to their stacks of .22 that they never touch either..

I call them a bunch of smart people....of course they could lose on it too if they are sitting on.22 now they are not so smart, cause there is plenty of it.

Its the government that created the ban....blame the ATF, they are taking public comment...tell them how you feel.

Last edited:
The gun community is one of the most paranoid groups of people there are. This doesn't surprise me, just like when Hillary gets elected you won't be able to find a lower for pre-sandyhook prices either.

I call them a bunch of smart people....of course they could lose on it too if they are sitting on.22 now they are not so smart, cause there is plenty of it.

Its the government that created the ban....blame the ATF, they are taking public comment...tell them how you feel.

I would hardly call them smart. What kind of margins are theses people making? After you factor in the purchase costs, holding costs, and all the time spent on trying to sell it what is their end gain? A couple bucks per box? Seems like a huge waste of time in terms of the return they are yielding. But most of these people are probably the same types that hang around Walmart every morning, have nothing else to do all day, so an extra $20 bucks here or there makes them feel like they cornered the market...pathetic.
I'd love to find these people and report their gains to the IRS, then we'd see how fast they would be to swoop in and create this fake shortage next time.

There wasn't a single box of .223 / 5.56 on the shelves of my local Walmart yesterday.

They've been pretty stocked for a long time, so there has to be some panic buying going on.

A few guys at the range were talking about the ban on .223 / 5.56 also...apparently many people don't realize it's only XM855

Back
Top Bottom