Where is this loophole they speak of?

Yes, I am trying to ask this question seriously! Every time I drive pass that retarded billboard on the pike I always think "what loophole?" Obviously, the average citizen sheeple drives by thinking "no ID, criminals and terrorists welcome, that's terrible!" and drives on thinking they just learned something. But seriously, where is this loophole? We have all been to local gun shows, there is no loophole. You have to show ID, they call in your LTC, you fill out forms, etc, etc.

Are they talking about other states? If so, what states have different recs for purchasing at a gun show vs gun stores in that state? Yes, I know the owners of said billboard have a habit of pulling their "facts" from their a$$, but the "gun show loophole" has been a cornerstone of this and other groups whining (even when the data has shown criminal types don't generally get their guns at gun shows, but never mind that fact...) and I'm honestly curious as to how they continue this particular claim.

It's about face to face sale...not face to dealer sales...

In NH(VT), you only need a NH(VT) drivers license. OMG THE HORROR!

If it's a non-dealer sale in a state that does not require a permit, all someone needs to do is show proof of age/residency and proof-of-cash to buy whatever they want.

The "loophole" they want to eliminate is better known as "the private transaction".

EDIT: Doobs beat me to it.

It isn't a loophole - it's what they believe should happen rather than what happens. Outside the People's Republic, there can be a sale of a firearm between two people without the government getting involved. There are no forms to fill out and send, no background check, and all of this is done with only your conscience to tell you if the person was good. Of course in the anti's world, that is unacceptable because they want a paper trail to every gun sale done.

Joe R.

A private citizen can buy a table at a gun show and sell guns to people in his own state just like we can using the classifieds. In those transactions, no background check is possible. Notice I didn't say it wasn't required. By Federal LAW a citizen CAN NOT call for a background check even if they wanted. If course, if this were allowed, we'd have all kinds of abuse of the system for non-gun reasons, but try telling the liberals that.

Dealers who hold an FFL MUST conduct exactly the same procedures at a gun show as they do in their store.

There isn't any loophole. Private sales are private sales. They can occur anywhere. Using a Gun show is nice because there is almost ALWAYS BATF agents in the crowd, and usually a cop or two hanging around. There is also a lot of people who are carrying guns. Good people. So, it is virtually unheard of any kind of criminal action occurring.

Not all vendors at shows do have FFLs as they sell accessories, ammo, and other stuff, so the anti's like to point out that only a certain percentage of "Dealers" are licensed. Because only a certain percentage are selling GUNS. The non-dealer selling privately from a table is not all that common. In fact, you almost NEVER see it in New England. People walking around with a gun or two for sale is fairly common.

What the anti's are trying to make the public believe is that at a gun show every gun is handed over without any background check. While a few might change hands in that manner between private individuals, it is a VERY small percentage, and it is no different than if they did it in a living room. Doing it at the show just brings a larger number of potential buyers together.

Every survey of criminals pertaining to the source of their firearm shows gunshows as an extremely tiny percentage. It simply isn't that big a problem. The reason the anti's want to make it such a problem is that it's a good way for them to get more restrictions on private citizens. Think about it. If they manage to force any gunshow transaction to have a background check, then ONLY FFLs will be permitted to sell guns at these shows. This will force all the private sales to less ideal locations. Then they can talk about all the backalley deals. It's all a sham.

It's about face to face sale...not face to dealer sales...

In NH(VT), you only need a NH(VT) drivers license. OMG THE HORROR!

Yes, but is that different from what takes place at a gun store in that state? If not, then it's not a "loophole" of the state, but that states gun laws be in show or store. See what I am getting at? A "loophole" is when you some how bipass the normal process of buying.

Yes, but is that different from what takes place at a gun store in that state? If not, then it's not a "loophole" of the state, but that states gun laws be in show or store. See what I am getting at? A "loophole" is when you some how bipass the normal process of buying.

Exactly. So to answer the question. There is no loophole

Dealers who hold an FFL MUST conduct exactly the same procedures at a gun show as they do in their store.

There isn't any loophole. Private sales are private sales.

As I suspected. There's no loophole in the true term of loophole. No one is bipassing the law of that state, it's simply a private sale that takes place at a gun show. Roger, thanx.

Of course they all forgot about the real loop hole in the system. I believe its somewhere between the first and third amendments to the constitution. [rolleyes]

Exactly,you can see a customer in a gun store and sell them the gun instead of a dealer.

The "gun show loophole" is just a phase like "assault weapon."

I'm sorry if you are coming at me shooting me with any type of weapon, it's an assault weapon.

A phase to make it look scarier than it is and scary people.

Back
Top Bottom