Where is the Bailout Bill?????

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I saw a report that the checks will be out by 31 Dec 2020 - thanks guys.

The congress set up the checks to be open ended - meaning ‘until the emergency is over’. We still have national emergencies that were declared by Carter on the books. The real names for the checks are ‘universal basic income’. Also, being open ended, how did they assign a cost? Did the CBO score it yet? Is it based on one check per person?

Further; the $2T is what Congress is spending, The FED is printing/conjuring $4T in addition.
Money printing can be addictive. They're just getting started.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
This is just the first bailout, one of many upcoming efforts to bone both taxpayers and future generations, devalue the dollar and expand government. We’re f***ed.

There is no perfect solution, and people are obviously hurting, but throwing ourselves on our knees at the .gov’s feet is a shitty strategy. Cut taxes, improve unemployment benefits, encourage hiring with deregulation and incentives - there are other options, but in 2020 none get any play in Congress, and very little consideration even on gun forums.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When we get a bill it will not help the people who really need it. Right now everyone will be getting money even the federal, state and local employees who have been given a paid vacation.

Except for police, fire and medical employees no person who has not been laid off or lost their health insurance should get a payout.
What federal, state and locals are getting a paid vacation?.....what a petty insult.

.IT'S A DISEASE PANDEMIC ...they are in exactly the same position as anyone else who is told to stay home to curb the spread.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I keep reading on here is “damn liberals __insert snarky jab or insult__ it’s all their fault!”

Do you realize that your government -again- just bailed out corporations and promised to screw small business and you and I? No, this isn’t even remotely just another “pelosi’s fault” issue where we write a blank check to our GOP crowd.

See, this isn’t a damn sports team where we root for “our side” blindly. It’s life and death for some and huge payouts to corrupt politicians and the business they have their fingers in.

Get off the broken bandwagon and look around. Repub or Dem, they don’t care about you and I. They want us fighting and blaming each other so we won’t come at them.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
All I keep reading on here is “damn liberals __insert snarky jab or insult__ it’s all their fault!”

Do you realize that your government -again- just bailed out corporations and promised to screw small business and you and I? No, this isn’t even remotely just another “pelosi’s fault” issue where we write a blank check to our GOP crowd.

See, this isn’t a damn sports team where we root for “our side” blindly. It’s life and death for some and huge payouts to corrupt politicians and the business they have their fingers in.

Get off the broken bandwagon and look around. Repub or Dem, they don’t care about you and I. They want us fighting and blaming each other so we won’t come at them.
Both parties are united on (a) putting big corporations before all, and (b) printing gobs of money to pay for whatever they want.

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
$2 Trillion bill, passed on a voice vote, with no quorum, a rep brought this to the attention of the chair and it was ignored.

It’s over at this point, everything is an emergency, budgets don’t exist and CRs get passed at midnight before a shutdown.

NOW THEY CAN’T EVEN VOTE.

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m surprised they didn’t ‘deem’ it signed.

Supposedly 2 more bills in the pipe to ‘fix’ this one,

Does anyone remember the metaphor of a dinner party, everything perfect, but everyone knows some guys with machine guns are coming?

I think the guys with the machine guns showed up, and they are called Senate & House. In a sane world this never would have made it to POTUS desk.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would of been slick if someone put a Hughes amendment roll back in there [rofl]
If you just said that, I bet it'd go right through. Hardly anyone knows about it and they'd have to look it up. Put it into something they are putting amnesty into so at least we get something good out of it.

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

was told this growing up and say it all the time.... THEY- >gov or team 500 are all on the same team.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I don’t do political parties, nor do I fawn over Trump and corporate elites:

Trump defunds CDC then says we need more people and funding on this. I’m over here like WTF? Are you serious!?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This is why I don’t do political parties, nor do I fawn over Trump and corporate elites:

Trump defunds CDC then says we need more people and funding on this. I’m over here like WTF? Are you serious!?
Fact check says this is false, a lie started by Chuck Schumer. Not only did he not cut funding, he increased it. I didn't fact check Fact Check though.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Trump did NOT defund the CDC. I believe he did ask to reduce their budget in years past but ultimately they did get more funding. They have more funding now than when Obama left office. Stop listening to the liberal media or just reading headlines.

Top Bottom