• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where is Charlie Baker on the 2A

my e-mail and response:

>> Mr. Baker,

Please clarify your position on the 2nd amendment. My vote will go to the candidate that defends every aspect of the US constitution.

Dr. ...

Dear ...,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

I support the second amendment and I believe the state needs to do a better job of enforcing the laws that we have, and treating the commission of a crime with a gun as the serious offense that it is. The state must spend more time prosecuting the criminals with guns and less time on the responsible gun owners.

I appreciate your concern for this issue and I encourage you to continue sending me your thoughts and ideas in the months to come. Please log on to my website, www.CharlieBaker2010.com, for additional information on my policies. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Charlie

Charlie is useless. I have sent three emails, and so far have only gotten that same canned response. He is NOT getting my vote, which I told him flat out in my last email that if he did not respond with an actual answer. Hmm.. that was last week... I still haven't recieved a response.

Charlie is useless. I have sent three emails, and so far have only gotten that same canned response. He is NOT getting my vote, which I told him flat out in my last email that if he did not respond with an actual answer. Hmm.. that was last week... I still haven't recieved a response.

Yeah, so who will you vote for? A blank vote or a vote for Cahill is a vote for deval Patrick. Pick your poison.

I too got the same canned response - about two months after I sent it. I should have dropped in on the BBQ held at Tisei's home several weeks ago for the Baker/Tisei supporters; Tisei lives on my street. Wonder how he would have answered in front of the crowd.

Why is it so important to hear what his response is? He tells you what you want to hear and you vote for him and he goes back on his statement - what are you going to do then? He tells you the opposite of what you want to hear... are you still gonna vote for his competition?

People, seriously, the best you can hope for is to put someone in the office that will be gridlocked with the legislature on our issue and others close to it. People are running for office that probably shouldn't be there in the first place ( remember, you don't give the job to someone that wants it!) Hell, even Coakley hasn't hurt us as much as she could have up to now because she has had other things to worry about besides us.

Joe R.

Yeah, so who will you vote for? A blank vote or a vote for Cahill is a vote for deval Patrick. Pick your poison.

This....

I heard him on the radio today talking about econonomic policy and fixing the job problem in this state. He's got a lot bigger problems to solve than dealing with legislation to screw us as gun owners. It is my belief that if Baker gets in either nothing will happen with gun laws or they will loosen up. Some of that will depend on the AG too...... If Deval gets in again well, you get to see H4102 come back and probably a bigger push for gun control......your pick.

Last edited:
I am with you. It takes a sound belief in your stand and position to state he will not be for any new gun laws in this state on the airwaves as he did. I am actually suprised he was as forecoming as he was. He must be the next candidate and not just because of this positon but on many other positions as well. I think his position on cleaning out the political hacks is one that is potentialy more of a liability to his success than his stand on guns and he has not held back on that. There are more state/municipal employees with out of control pension/benefit schemes than there are gun owners and they are clearly in his sights. We need him to get this fiscal nightmare under control. I think what you see is what you get. He was never a Democrat....... Case closed.

Last edited:
I heard him on WCRN about a month ago heavily criticizing 4102 and how it will do NOTHING to stop crime.

Good enough for MA. He gets my vote.

I too got the same canned response - about two months after I sent it. I should have dropped in on the BBQ held at Tisei's home several weeks ago for the Baker/Tisei supporters; Tisei lives on my street. Wonder how he would have answered in front of the crowd.

I also received a wishy-washy response from Tisei regarding 2A issues.

I'm a little shocked that so many people seem surprised to have received a canned, moderate response from a candidate. Anybody who thinks that any credible candidate for a major office takes the time to write personal responses to individual voters is simply delusional. Since candidates can't possibly know how each individual who's asking for a response stands on the issue of gun laws, and this is Massachusetts, they have to give a moderate response. In order to be in perfect sync with me, a candidate would have to be in favor or repealing essentially every gun law in America, starting with NFA '34 and GCA '68. Unfortunately I'm smart enough to realize that any candidate who would admit to that in public (and anything in writing is public) would automatically be dead meat in this state.

Ken

Have you listened to the audio of Baker on WRKO yesterday?

I just did..thanks. His position as a 2A supporter comes through much clearer during the interview.

I would hope at some point they would also make an honest attempt to get some of these laws repealed or changed into something more closely resembling 2259.

I'll vote for whoever can beat Caddy P.

Baker talked about hunters and sportsmen but never mentioned anything about self defense.

Back
Top Bottom