• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where guns go to die...

Two things...

1. It mentions most of the people working the machine are gun guys (which is cool) but that would be hard for me. Sounds like a good anti job HA.
2. This reply is my 1,000 post!

It's a little ridiculous that they go so far as to try and destroy every last piece. I would think they'd really only have to be concerned with destroying the receiver. Maybe sell off the rest of the parts as surplus.

It's a little ridiculous that they go so far as to try and destroy every last piece. I would think they'd really only have to be concerned with destroying the receiver. Maybe sell off the rest of the parts as surplus.

If the guns are unserviceable the part value is probably shit, too... probably more value as scrap.

-Mike

If I had to guess what sticking my rod in Hillary Clinton felt like, it would be something akin to what this machine did to those weapons...

I got a tour of this machine/facility while at Anniston as a CMP volunteer, we l had to go through a metal detector going in and leaving, to make sure nobody left with any "souveniers". I was informed that under Clinton 100,000 Garands were declared surplus and run through Capt. Crunch. The machine was heavily damaged in one instance when destroying "surplus" M14's, it was down for months. A large number of 1911's were also destroyed, including a pristine one made by Singer, one of the armourers at CMP tried to save it by calling the Center for Military History but they never showed. The day I was there M16's were on the menu, the operators removed the handguards and buttstock before feeding to the machine. All the M16's we saw destroyed that day were total junk, worn out scrap.

Back
Top Bottom