"Where do you store your ammo?"

Wife is not into guns. She tells me to go have fun at the range, I always ask if she wants to go but she never does. Although the latest NRA magazine came yesterday and there giving away a banned gun raffle, she was looking at the guns they are giving away and says she want the Barrett model 82A1 in .416. I told here I'd get right on it. [rofl]

My wife was an anti when we met. She knew I had a pistol in my work truck because I worked in crappy neighborhoods a lot. She tolerated that and when I moved in with her it was under the condition that the gun stay in the truck. I wasn't happy but I was in love so that's how it went until the day I took her to one of my work sights. As we drove through the neighborhood she locked the doors, looked over at me and asked if I had the gun with me. I was like a light bulb went on and she slowly became more comfortable with the idea of a gun in the house in a small safe, eventually took NRA pistol classes, Appleseed , and enjoys shooting clays. Even got a LTC but does not carry herself
yet. It just took time, patience and no pressure from me, everything she has done has been her own idea. I am a lucky man,love that woman.

Back when I was married, I kept all of my ammo underneath the reloading table in the garage. She died 5 years ago, and I now store my ammo in my bedroom.

I have about 1200 rounds of various calibers of ammo stored in 2 ammo cans in my closet.

I think the easiest way is not to be a "gun guy",girls tend to get creeped out by ANY man that patterns his life and gets emotional around guns,or any other inanimate objects.I never said anything,never told her I own guns.Just asked if she wanted to go to the range.

When you start walking around the house screaming about the .gov taking your guns and how you want to kill all comers,girls tend to get creeped out.

I own guns,but am not a gun owner.

I ride motorcycles,but I am not a biker.

Don't identify yourself by your hobbies and you should be ok.

plenty of hot girls like actual men, it's ok to be honest with them.

My GF was never an anti, but before we met, she knew precisely **** all nothing about guns or gun laws. She was interested in the subject but was never around guns or gun owners and never bothered to do any research. She's from Ohio so naturally she never really had anti gun/ libtard propaganda shoved down her throat. She has her LTC now, carries on occasion, and gets excited and wants to shoot any new gun I bring home. Prior to her, I would quickly cut ties with any woman I would meet who would profess any anti/ libtard views.

As for the ammo, the 9mm hollowpoints are in their respective defensive firearms, the rest is in an undisclosed location, stored in metal ammo cans with desicant packs inside.

Mine doesn't care. She's not anti, but has no interest. I've tried, but it's to no avail.

In her defense, she takes no interest in any of my hobbies. She does her thing, I do mine, and that's that

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

plenty of hot girls like actual men, it's ok to be honest with them.

Being honest in saying you are a gun nut ? lol

Owning guns is not a big deal to me,or something I feel I need to disclose,they are tools,just like a wrench.

Now if my whole life revolved around shooting,and every waking moment is spent cleaning guns,reading about guns,touching guns,stroking it to guns,ya it might be a good idea to disclose to your girl you have an obsession and nothing will come between you and your true love.

Owning guns is not a big deal to me,or something I feel I need to disclose,they are tools,just like a wrench.

See, you've just got the wrong attitude about your tools... I could wax poetic for quite a while about my wrenches. I just picked up a Snap-on 3/8" digital torque wrench with visual and audio "approaching torque setting" warnings. It's a thing of beauty [smile]

Yes. She's come around on the need for a self defense option, but sometimes she still gets a little creeped out by the fact that I carry. Still recoils her hand if she accidentally touches the gun on my hip.

My wife just likes to make the "is that a gun, or are you just happy to see me" joke when she feels mine.

Being honest in saying you are a gun nut ? lol

Now if my whole life revolved around shooting,and every waking moment is spent cleaning guns,reading about guns,touching guns,stroking it to guns,ya it might be a good idea to disclose to your girl you have an obsession and nothing will come between you and your true love.

Fyi, if you care enough about guns to even be on here... you're a "gun nut" to 97.89% of the population. [emoji12]

My wife is not anti-gun, but she doesn't have much interest either. Mostly she doesn't understand why one might need so many. We've agreed upon a "don't ask, don't tell" arrangement that seems to work just fine.

Me too. How do you launder the cash outlay for guns and ammo?

Think about how the military stores small arms ammo, outdoors in an ammo dump . I'm thinking the garage isn't any worse than that. Unless your in the frozen tundra of Green Bay Wisc. or the garage leaks and the ammo gets wet. JMHO though I'm not an expert on the effects of cold and warm on metal cartridges.

My girl lived in a dictatorship and is terrified of guns...but she doesn't mind me owning them and cleaning my rifles next to her, she is cool with that and laughs every time I buy a new one and even asks me how many rounds I reloaded while she was asks the work, she is awsome, she just will not go shooting.

She understands guns are part of the package, period.

I bury my ammo all over my back yard, like a squirrel. I fill each box with every caliber so I don't have to remember exact locations.

Last edited:
Anybody store ammo in their garage? I have an attached garage (no heat or AC, so temp swings during seasons), I'm planning to store most of my ammo in there. I hardly ever shoot, so it would be in there for years. Other option is my basement, but it can get a little a humid, I'd prefer not to use sealed ammo cans, just a locking cabinet. Thoughts, opinions, experiences?

shoot more.

My lady is Russian and her father carried a gun. He sent her (and her sister) to the States 10 or 11 years ago because he feared for his (and their) safety... and unfortunately he and his wife stayed and actually were killed. Anyway, when my wife and I were dating we went to the movies one night and she put her arm around my waist and when she felt my PM9 she gave me a look and said, "are you serious, what the hell do you need that for?" I was surprised at her reaction because I knew the story about her folks. But she wasn't happy. A week later the Denver movie theater shooting occurred, and I said, "don't ever give me cr*p about it again... what if one or two citizens could have gotten off a good shot..." I still get the look once in a while, but she's used to it by now.

Anybody store ammo in their garage? I have an attached garage (no heat or AC, so temp swings during seasons), I'm planning to store most of my ammo in there. I hardly ever shoot, so it would be in there for years. Other option is my basement, but it can get a little a humid, I'd prefer not to use sealed ammo cans, just a locking cabinet. Thoughts, opinions, experiences?

Look for millsurp storage containers... Generally lockable and airtight. There's a "container and ammo can" guy that I've seen at the smaller eastern MA gun shows, driving a former pepsi truck.
For reference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARDIGG-CASE-/172568634928

My wife has been supportive of me having a gun. Her only rule for my guns are that they must have a safety.

She has shot before and with me. After a small string of shootings she felt like she wanted one. She will be getting her own LTC soon but is not fully in our "world".

A small push helped when i told her that because of our laws she wouldn't be able to use my guns if i wasnt around and an emergency arose.

My wife has been supportive of me having a gun. Her only rule for my guns are that they must have a safety.

She has shot before and with me. After a small string of shootings she felt like she wanted one. She will be getting her own LTC soon but is not fully in our "world".

A small push helped when i told her that because of our laws she wouldn't be able to use my guns if i wasnt around and an emergency arose.

Well that's an interesting one. I cannot imagine thinking to myself "well, this guy is chasing me through my house with a knife, and here is a gun, but I can't pick it up because I don't have the proper license." Yes I know, Massachusetts, but still it seems like "judged by 12 instead of carried by 6" would apply. Don't get me wrong; whatever encourages her to embrace guns is fine, but the concept just struck me as odd.

It's sad that she believes a gun with a safety is somehow safer than a gun without. I wonder how she figured that one out? And for you to live by the gun rules made up by somebody who knows little about guns....that has to hurt. I've heard of amputees sometimes trying to scratch an itch on their leg as if it was still there. Does that ever happen to you with your balls?

The ladyfriend doesn't like me carrying when she's around, so I just don't tell her. I had her try and search me on a walk because I told her I wasn't carrying and she didn't believe me. Turns out I actually wasn't, though I should have been. [rolleyes] She's slowly coming around though.

I just don't tell her how many I have, when I buy a new one, or how much ammo I actually have hoarded away. I'm pretty sure she'd freak if she ever saw my little cache, and I'm an amateur compared to a lot of people here. I've never heard her complain while shooting any of my guns at the range though. Funny, right?

Anyways, ready handguns are always stored in the safe, loaded with one in the chamber, in their holsters, safety off where applicable. Bad enough I have to lock it away, no way it's not going to be ready to go when I need to grab it.

Back
Top Bottom