"Where do you store your ammo?"

Snora

NES Member
Girlfriend just asked me where I store my ammo for my carry / home defense gun. [rofl]

"In the gun."

She's not a gun person and was under the impression that guns and ammo are stored in separate locked containers making them useless for protection. Anyone else out there in longterm relationship with a significant other that isn't a fan of firearms?

When my wife and I first started dating, she didn't have an opinion one way or the other.

7 years later, she has a CCW and is fully invested in this Maura bullsh*t and posts conservative stuff on bookface.

I couldn't imagine it the other way.

My wife is slowing getting on board. I say I want a gun, she says, you should get it. Didn't even care about the AR.

But to answer you, the ammo is in the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. She's come around on the need for a self defense option, but sometimes she still gets a little creeped out by the fact that I carry. Still recoils her hand if she accidentally touches the gun on my hip.

My wife is not anti-gun, but she doesn't have much interest either. Mostly she doesn't understand why one might need so many. We've agreed upon a "don't ask, don't tell" arrangement that seems to work just fine.

My wife is not anti-gun, but she doesn't have much interest either. Mostly she doesn't understand why one might need so many. We've agreed upon a "don't ask, don't tell" arrangement that seems to work just fine.

Ask her her why she needs so many shoes and hand bags, I know my wife has enough shoes to wear a different pair every single day. [laugh]

My wife is not anti [smile]

Girlfriend just asked me where I store my ammo for my carry / home defense gun. [rofl]

"In the gun."

She's not a gun person and was under the impression that guns and ammo are stored in separate locked containers making them useless for protection. Anyone else out there in longterm relationship with a significant other that isn't a fan of firearms?

My wife flips and flops daily ....... I warned her early on I'm a "gun" guy. Also warned her any Ultimatum would not go well. I agree to keep the stuff locked up and away from the kids. I teach my kids about guns and gun safety they are taught not to "play" with guns.
I laugh daily as my wife never really knows if I'm carrying or not. Unless she frisks me.

Where do I store ammo......anyplace I can find room!

Last edited:
My wife flips and flops daily ....... I warned her early on I'm a "gun" guy.

Same here. She actually sounded pro gun on our first date saying that she's shot a gun before, then went crazy anti after we started dating, and now is fairly neutral after 2.5 years. I can see kids complicating things with someone that isn't 100% pro-gun, I can't fault a mom for being protective.

Its just the opposite with me. My wife got me to take the safety class for my LTC in the first place. After I got out of the service, I had no interest in firearms. My wife had one of those FID cards. She got me interested and hooked!!

I didn't have my LTC when we got married and my wife did not grow up around guns, so it was a bit of an adjustment for her, but not too big of a deal. Initially when I was going to purchase my first pistol, she wanted it kept in a locker at my club, but when I brought it home from the store, she asked me to show it to her and decided she was ok with it being locked up in the house.

Within a year she got her LTC, has her own guns and has since taken a couple of classes to become more comfortable with carrying concealed.

EDIT:
To emphasize how far she has come from an anti/indifferent position on guns, I will share this tidbit.

On 7/20, when she got home from an all day training and I told her about what happened, she stopped me mid sentence and said "Why are you sitting there? Go buy whatever we need and put it on the credit card!" Up until that point we always had a household policy that any guns had to be purchased with cash that was saved up, no credit card debt.

Last edited:
I have about 1200 rounds of various calibers of ammo stored in 2 ammo cans in my closet.

I think the easiest way is not to be a "gun guy",girls tend to get creeped out by ANY man that patterns his life and gets emotional around guns,or any other inanimate objects.I never said anything,never told her I own guns.Just asked if she wanted to go to the range.

When you start walking around the house screaming about the .gov taking your guns and how you want to kill all comers,girls tend to get creeped out.

I own guns,but am not a gun owner.

I ride motorcycles,but I am not a biker.

Don't identify yourself by your hobbies and you should be ok.

Last edited:
I'm still single but the last two gf's would change their opinion depending on the situation. At home, when they felt safe, it was always "that stupid gun". When hiking in NH, tent camping, walking back to the car after a Red Sox game, it's "You have your gun, right? The time after the Sox game was great because it was dark, we parked about 3 miles away and she felt unsafe for some reason. I explained that Fenway has a no firearms policy so I didn't carry. She was dead silent.

I'm still single but the last two gf's would change their opinion depending on the situation. At home, when they felt safe, it was always "that stupid gun". When hiking in NH, tent camping, walking back to the car after a Red Sox game, it's "You have your gun, right? The time after the Sox game was great because it was dark, we parked about 3 miles away and she felt unsafe for some reason. I explained that Fenway has a no firearms policy so I didn't carry. She was dead silent.

Holy shit dude. A girl I dated in NH was the same way, word for word. "That stupid gun..." or, "you have your gun, right?" depending on the situation. Youre supposed to not have it if you dont need it, but if you do need it, its supposed to magically appear.

I have about 1200 rounds of various calibers of ammo stored in 2 ammo cans in my closet.

I think the easiest way is not to be a "gun guy",girls tend to get creeped out by ANY man that patterns his life and gets emotional around guns,or any other inanimate objects.I never said anything,never told her I own guns.Just asked if she wanted to go to the range.

When you start walking around the house screaming about the .gov taking your guns and how you want to kill all comers,girls tend to get creeped out.

I own guns,but am not a gun owner.

I ride motorcycles,but I am not a biker.

Don't identify yourself by your hobbies and you should be ok.

Lol well there's the flip.side where there are psycho women that identify with being hoplophobes. On one date I went on I wasn't the one who.brought up the topic. Needless to say that didn't last long.

My girlfriend is more or less okay with my guns. She now asks me to take her shooting. She recently applied for her LTC. Now if she knew how much I spent on guns she would have a heart attack but don't ask don't tell.

Ask her her why she needs so many shoes and hand bags, I know my wife has enough shoes to wear a different pair every single day. [laugh]

My wife is not anti [smile]

I use my wifes same reasoning for buying everything else. "It was on sale" shes like omg that was a great deal. Shes at the point now where she wants LTC so she can buy it when its on sale. Yes, I do love her so.

To answer the original question. Some is stored in the gun in the safe next to our bed. The rest is stored in the safe in the basement with the rest of the guns.

My wife is not creeped out by guns but has little interest. She grew up in upstate NY on a dairy farm with hunters and firing shotguns. I got no resistance going through the process of getting my LTC. I did offer up my retirement from motorcycle racing which she was also sad to see go. The only thing she wasn't sad about was when I wouldn't come around when expected which meant I crashed somewhere on track.

The only thing she asks me when I come home is How come I don't have anything.

My wife is not a "gun person" but she knows why we have them, where they are and how to operate them....

My wife is not an enthusiast but a book we're "listening" too together is slowly opening her eyes. Enemies: Foreign and Domestic paints a storyline almost mirroring todays political climate. Recommended reading!

My wife flips and flops daily ....... I warned her early on I'm a "gun" guy. Also warned her any Ultimatum would not go well. I agree to keep the stuff locked up and away from the kids. I teach my kids about guns and gun safety they are taught not to "play" with guns.
I laugh daily as my wife never really knows if I'm carrying or not. Unless she frisks me.

Where do I store ammo......anyplace I can find room!

My wife is similar. Shes not a anti but she doesnt want anything to do with "those things." My favorite is when she tries to grab me for something and ends up with a handful of holster and gun lol

As for the ammo storage, I keep as much loaded into magazines as I can and the rest is like a game of tetris in the safe.

Was in the safe, but now in a bunch of ammo cans.

GF is in the process of getting her LTC, soon I'll have to start hiding the ammo from her. She goes thru a lot more than me at the range.

Back
Top Bottom