• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where do you guys buy your targets?

I buy white paper plates from a discount store, and sometimes colored "dot" stick-ons from a stationary department.

A magic marker will due for a bullseye, and with a paper plate you can put your target up with one staple.

I look for this stuff at yard sales and such. It saves a lot of pennies.

Collectors Guns in Stoneham is usually well stocked. That's where I get mine.

I have a few I print on some 90lbs paper stock. I use a 7" pattern with concentric circles each 1" larger in diameter than the last for pistol shooting and 2x 4" circles for rifle shooting. The 90lb paper gives the paper a lot more structure and keeps them from waving all over the place, and it's still very cheap.

When I buy targets, I buy NRA 50' slow-fire rimfire rifle tagets from Wal-Mart. They're cheap targets. But they work.

Grid sighting targets with 1" squares are better for zeroing a scope or sight, so I will often pick up 1" grid target for that, at Wal-Mart or a local gun shop.

Let's see:

- I've bought them at the gun shows. One vendor sells them in 100 packs.

- I've bought them from BR&P, they usually have the same 100 pack small man targets for sale.

- I've bought them in 100 packs from "Frank & Tiny" in Tyngsboro.

- I've bought some large targets from Carl at FS.

I have purchased bulk packs cheaply directly from my gun club. I am going to try to get some of the actual NRA bullseye targets at the next gun show though. They are much better quality than the practice targets.

+1 on targetz. I don't know if anyone else has this unique opportunity not only do I print free targets I get the paper and ink for free. I work at a college here in Western Mass and all employees get to use the school library for free and print how much and how ever often they want with no questions asked. Pretty sweet I'll never pay for targets again until I eventually move on to another job and lose the library use privilege.

Brownells for silhouette targets with a dealer discount it's 16.00 for a 100pk i also print some from online sources.

Four Seasons has pistol targets at decent prices, but I usually buy from Brownells or Midway with dealer pricing.

I make my own targets for .22 with card stock.

Paper plates if your out of targets and so inclined work well, that and a magic marker. imo.

Last edited:
Blue Northern in Ayer normally has the B-2 and B-3 targets (50 ft slow and timed/rapid fire, respectively) in stock, as well as the B-16 (25 yd slow fire), and a few others. Rileys usually has those, as well as a wide variety of other targets, but it's difficult to predict what may be in stock any given day - best to call first if you head up there.

There's a woman who has a booth selling targets at pretty good prices at most of the gun shows . I know she's going to be at the gun show at the Lunenburg Sportsmens Club this Saturday (14th).

Go to any gun store or even a craft store and buy a pack of red stick on dots.

Go to the grocery store (or wholesale club) and get a stack of paper plates of your choosing. Chinet is more expensive but the holes come out nicer, and the plates are nice and rigid, which means you can staple them into the edge of a target holder and hang lots of targets off one piece of wood, without the wind blowing them around too badly.

No, I'm not kidding. I use the 50 foot NRA targets too (I believe they're B3's) but they are relatively expensive compared to a gigantic stack of paper plates you can get at BJs or Costco.

-Mike

I buy rolls of 500 colored stick-on dots in various sizes for short money.

Then anything can become a target.

Back
Top Bottom