• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where do you go to buy your powders?

Anyone have any good suggestions on powder retailors around southern NH? I don't really want to spend the shipping on ordering them If I can find some place relativly close.

Thanks,
Quinn

Riley's or Stateline in Plaistow NH. Most nearly everywhere else is way too expensive.

-Mike

I have found Four Season's is not much more than Riley's. At one time Riley's was a good place to go for components
as they seemed 'reasonable'. Not so much since the retailers have jacked up prices as a result of the Obamination
election to the WH and the resulting shortages. Riley's has been at the upper end of component pricing since that
tragic event. Four Season's only problem is availability on a lot of components as they almost always are out of
everything it seems.

I just bought powder at Kittery Trading Post last week. The prices were very good but there is a 2 pound limit per person. It was either $20.95 or $22.95 for H335...I forget without looking for the reciept. They aren't carrying any containers over 1 pound at the moment. They are limiting everyone to 500 primers too. They had lots of ammo including bulk packs of .380 which I think were $90. 5.56 seemed kinda pricey. Nothing for bulk packed jacketed bullets. Only overpriced boxes of 100.

I just bought powder at Kittery Trading Post last week. The prices were very good but there is a 2 pound limit per person. It was either $20.95 or $22.95 for H335...I forget without looking for the reciept. They aren't carrying any containers over 1 pound at the moment. They are limiting everyone to 500 primers too. They had lots of ammo including bulk packs of .380 which I think were $90. 5.56 seemed kinda pricey. Nothing for bulk packed jacketed bullets. Only overpriced boxes of 100.

Ouch. Find a friend in free america and split a hazmat. H335 is $17.50/1lb or $126 / 8lb. If you get a full box together, shipping + hazmat comes out to about $1.50/lb. 500 primers is a joke.

stateline in plaistow is a little high for powder. $26 a pound. i was thier today and picked up a pound of Hp-38 was looking for h110. they said they are expecting a shipment of powder on thursday.

I agree about the 500 primers. sad thing is thats up from the last time i was there it was 200 primer limit

I have found Four Season's is not much more than Riley's.

Admittedly I haven't been to Riley's in a month or so, but I can't imagine it's gone up
that much... FS has always been several bucks a pound more than Riley's. That and
they don't have much, and you have to pay the 6.25% on top of all that. Rileys never
really had good bullet prices, but their powder/primer prices were hard to beat.

Collectors I think actually has cheaper primers than Riley's now, for the ones they do
stock... (I mostly saw Federals...).

-Mike

I've heard that Al's in Derry is a small but well stocked shop but I haven't been there yet. He's right off rte 93 at exit 4. Do you know that you can mix powder and primers in one order and pay one hazmat fee? Some places waive the hazmat fee if you place a large order.

They are limiting everyone to 500 primers too.

500 primers isn't enough to even turn on the lights in the reloading room! But then again I still remember $13/1000 and plenty to be had locally at anytime. Going out for a box of primers was a good excuse to buy a gun at the same time.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom