• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where do you get your news? Who can we trust?

I use the Newsvoice app. They have multiple stories of the same event and list whether the source is left, center, or right.

NES has turned out to be more reliable than a single news source. I mean, we literally find out about everything; a kid in Nebraska gets suspended, we find out. A baby in Mongolia sh*t its pants while holding a plastic water gun, not only it's on NES, but its on the General forum because "guns".

What's everyone paying for WSJ? I just checked my bill is still 39 and change, can never seem to find any offers for a lower rate.

Same. I had introductory rate of $19.xx/month for the first year, now $39.xx, digital-only.

I'll add another cable channel, NewsMax. They also have an app, Newsmax TV and Web.
The Howie Carr Show is featured in part daily. Chris Salcedo does a very good news block as well.
Spicer & Co. is pretty good too.
Yup, channel 1115 on Xfinity. Fox and Fox Business, Lou Dobbs is great especially on the China Cold War.

Best news around and can be totally trusted because they have fact checkers...... Facebook
Uh huh, I once saw a "fact checked" post about "biden says he's coming for your guns". It was fact checked as false, a couple mouse clicks later and I'm on youtube watching a video of biden literally looking into a camera saying exactly that at some restaurant.

So sick of the drudge report. Been a visitor to Matt for 15 years straight. It was my homepage. Not any longer. Trump or one of his allies must have crossed him somehow. Its a complete 180 from what it used to be.

I get my daily news now from NES, Epoch Times [download the app for free content] and Fox Business Network. I also watch about 1hr of OANN because for some reason its still free for me to watch.

I'm really liking Epoch Times.... There is a lot of daily content.

WSJ.

To be fair, I'm exposed to a significant amount of left-leaning media on a daily basis. It's frustrating, but I need to know what hte opposition is doing.

Yahoo seems to be one of the worst. Trump could save a baby from being eaten by a Grizzly and Yahoo would talk about how Trump is harming the wildlife.

Wall Street Journal for news and thoughtful editorial commentary. On the news side, they are focused on business, and investing has its own priorities and there does seem to be a bit of a wall between the news and editorial sides of things. This focus tends to cut through a lot of the BS that characterizes current news reporting.

Most major and minor news outlets probably exist primarily to promote a particular point of view and influence public opinion. The "news" is just a pretext for advancing a political agenda both on the left and on the right. Of course, 90% is on the left, largely due to the culture of those who have gone into journalism in the last 30 years and the times they grew up in and schools they got their credentials from. But bias has been part and parcel of newspapers and everything else since long before any of us were born, and hopefully most people realize it exists, even if they can't tell all the time when they are falling for it.

Back to WSJ: on the editorial side, they are consistently and thoughtfully conservative but feature a variety of thoughtful opinions (something we are likely to see less of in the coming years, unfortunately). I decided to pony up for a corona deal that was two months digital subscription for a dollar, after which 20/month, and so far I see no reason to cancel my subscription as it is worth it at that price to me despite a slim budget.

For commentary and occasional news on the culture wars I check out National Review. I occasionally find plenty to disagree with but that's also why I like it, and a lot more of it rings true to me.

It is a bit of a desert out there for intelligent conservative news.

The top story at Fox News is Seattle, I am sure you've all heard about anarchists taking over a precinct.
The top stories at CNN are about Trump and the Confederacy and the FLOTUS and her prenup. Nothing about Seattle.
BBC.com/US New is good mix of current topics. Boston.com , the usual...

I feel like my country is coming apart, there is a desperate need for respected leadership and we have no respected journalists.

....As if turning to an internet forum is gong to make me feel better [wink], but thought I'd ask where people go for news.
I consider ANYONE in the so called media a PL.....a PL is short for PUBIC LICE clinging to the pubic hair of PUBLIC LICE, always in the general area of excrement, sifting, poking,prodding and tasting looking for another juicy morsel to serve up to a disinterested, distrustful bunch of proles

Back
Top Bottom