• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where Do You Buy Your Garand Accessories?

TWtommers

Instructor
NES Member
No, I'm not talking about the rifles themselves or ammo. I am not violating policy as far as I know.

I just got my first Garand and I'm looking for things like enbloc clips, buttstock cleaning kit, and sling. Where do you guys like to get those types of accessories? Someplace local? Online?

I ask because price and (apparent) quality are everywhere online. I'd like to find someplace reliable. I'm not looking for original or collector grade. I'd just like to keep things looking period correct.

Last edited:
I have en bloc clips you can have. As to accessories pick up a copy of Shot Gun News, plenty of folks sell what your looking for.

Go to the CMP. The website has all kinds of acc for the garand. They are very reasonably priced. I have ordered from them dozens of times . I have never been let down . I even got a 16" uncut bayonet from them. Good luck

Send it I mean ping!

CMP eStore has some good stuff, and the en bloc clips are pretty cheap there. I got a repro USGI leather sling from IMA Usa for less than $20. It says "RIA 1941" on it and the leather is nice. If you're looking for something specific the CMP forums are an unbeatable source of Garand knowledge.

yes you can find alot of stuff on ebay. As most of the dealers/vendors who have a lot of garand stuff also sell there.
Depending on what your looking for there are a lot of places out there. Numerich or egunparts.com has a ton of reproduction stuff along with usgi.
I cant seem to get ahold of the accessories. I just end up buying other rifles. Some day I will have a complete "sample" gun with the acessories.

Check CMP forums I just post in the M1 garand section on where to get bolt parts.

Got my USGI repro sling and cleaning tool from cmp restore. For embloc clip, I bought HXP surplus ammo on embloc from cmp(currently sold out)

"Send it" via iPhone M107A1

Last edited:
Got my USGI repro sling and cleaning tool from cmp restore. For embloc clip, I bought HXP surplus ammo on embloc from cmp(currently sold out)

"Send it" via iPhone M107A1
Yeah and I don't think they're planning on selling the surplus in clips and bandoleers again until they sell off the 30 million loose rounds of hxp they have.

For you guys that order from the estore at CMP, how long of a processing time is it? Its been a week since I place my order and its still "processing"

Cmp operates at its own pace....plus they just got swamped with orders with recent announcement last week of the 6 mil serial number garands and the 22lr surplus orders.
also I think there. Is a rush of orders before the holidays. I placed a 22lr surplus order on the 9 th and still no dbu (running joke of the email they send confirming your order and telling you to wait and no need to call as your order is in process) so sit back and relax.
So far the only thing I was not happy with was the new manufactured web slings.
my longest order was a 9 month wait my shortest was 16 days???p

DBU. Don't bother us email

Cmp operates at its own pace....plus they just got swamped with orders with recent announcement last week of the 6 mil serial number garands and the 22lr surplus orders.
also I think there. Is a rush of orders before the holidays. I placed a 22lr surplus order on the 9 th and still no dbu (running joke of the email they send confirming your order and telling you to wait and no need to call as your order is in process) so sit back and relax.

Holy crap. Glad I'm not in a terrible rush.

Hey Mac, can I ask what you didn't like about their web slings? I was going to get one with my next order.

I ordered 2 cotton web slings new manufacture. One sling is coated in something. Its very hard and slippery like nylon but burns like cotton? Both suffer from failure to stay locked. Both steel caps fell off within a few days of use...I salvaged on sling for a project gun and stripped both sling clips to add to other slings for quick removal. I recently purchased 5 slings from numerich gun parts. WWII Danish issue. They are a tanish green color and the sling lock is very solid on all of them. I pure based these shortly after they stopped selling the leather slings. A few years back.

I ordered 2 cotton web slings new manufacture. One sling is coated in something. Its very hard and slippery like nylon but burns like cotton? Both suffer from failure to stay locked. Both steel caps fell off within a few days of use...I salvaged on sling for a project gun and stripped both sling clips to add to other slings for quick removal. I recently purchased 5 slings from numerich gun parts. WWII Danish issue. They are a tanish green color and the sling lock is very solid on all of them. I pure based these shortly after they stopped selling the leather slings. A few years back.
Thanks for the review. After reading that I don't think I'll be buying one of the cmp web slings.

I'm finding ratty rusty usgi to be better than anything new.
I'm pretty happy with my ima-usa repro leather sling (I am by no means an expert on slings though). I thought I would try the web slings because they're cheaper, but its only about $10 difference so I guess I'll go with another leather sling for my next Garand. I've always liked leather anyways. Are there any benefits to a web sling over leather?

Web sling is much easier to use. I too have a 25.00 repro M1907 sling. I also got short use out of it. If your useing that repro sling as intended it will stretch...the keeps will loosen and the rivets will come loose. Unless you lucked out and actually got a nice one.....my repro M1907 slings holes stretched first then the rivets corroded...about 1 year of moderate use

You get what you pay for...I paid $19 for mine, so it prolly is a piece of junk. The leather seems nice and thick, but I didn't give the rivets/keeps a thorough inspection. I'll have to keep my eyes open for wear on my repro M1907.

Once I got used to my leather sling I like it better than the web sling....but as I said I bought a cheap repro. Once I started useing it, well it showed its face value wise.
My hardware is yellow metal plated...the rivets are what appears to be copper plared?

Back
Top Bottom