Where can you buy....

I take a piece of flat cardboard about 3' X 3' draw lines that cross, and draw a circle in the middle. Go back 27 yards and aim at the circle and shoot 3 shells. Done. You can also find old blue print papers at construction sites and use the white side. All free.

Amazon is my go to. Cheaper than most stores and delivered to my doorstep. Saves on gas too.

At BR&P they used to have a roll of butcher paper so that members could cut off some, staple to a sighting in target (much wider than normal target stand). No reason you need fancy targets to do this.

I use red rosin paper. It's the stuff you put down under hardwood flooring and comes in a 3' roll. It's cheap and a roll will last you a long time.

At my club here in CT, they have a steel plate set up on a target stand and a paint roller coated with heavy grease. Grease the plate well, step back to the line, take your shot, go count the marks... Works amazingly well with a minimum of maintenance.

Don't get hung up on the pattern....the point to pattern testing is to see if your shot charge is going in the direction your looking and to check to make sure your restriction is correct. I had a few chokes labeled full and patterned more like imp cylinder. Also had a few factory browning that the chokes would toss the pattern off to the right when installed.
I ended up using Niel Winstons 13 yard pattern testing to dial in my adjustable stock and pick a choke.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wu7VtPRjeQpCnL9Yw&sig2=xr_uIJuzMY5ePmOkA9d9Lg

Back
Top Bottom