Where can my son shoot?

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
So my boys are 14 and 17. The 17 year old has zero interest in guns. Never has. Not going to happen. Tried my best, but no dice. On to the 14 year old. Always loved guns. Has always played paintball. Plays on a sponsored airsoft league. Can't get enough of them. They're up visiting from RI this weekend, and as far as I know, most public ranges require 16 and above to shoot. Is there anywhere in Mass or NH where I can let him at least shoot under my supervision. Is this a law, or just range policies?

you can see if there are any CMP shoots around you. Maybe shoot a garand or M1 carbine some clubs have AR 15s CMP is all about the youth!
Saturday tomorrow At Hanson rod and gun club 1 Davis rd Hanson. they have the CMP shoot. Its not a match but runs like one. Very laid back ment for new comers. http://www.hansonrodandgunclub.org/ dont worry about the "adult" thing. They do not turn people down unless out of space guns or ammo, have not seen that happen yet.
They have garands and carbines. I would get there no later than 815 to set up and get the low down. 35.00 includes gun,ammo,targets shooting starts @ 9am
look for steve or paul. You can shoot from the bench or go through the posistions. Theres plenty of people to help. Bring a heavy blanket or some sort of mat if you intend to shoot positions you lay on cement pad

Last edited:
Thanks. i just checked the Firing Line website, and as long as a guardian is present, he can shoot. Good news.

I'll have to look into CMP. I'm kind of ignorant on any and all organized firearms stuff.

I doubt Bob's in Salisbury would take issue...

Your 17 year old on the other hand... just suck it up and by him a set of pom-pom's... there's something askew with a 17 year old boy that has no interest in guns.... especially in this world rife of Call of Dutyism. Must be something in the water down in RI.. everyone down there is a mental midget.. just look at warwickben. Coffee flavored milk is big seller at Dunk's down there.

Your 17 year old on the other hand... just suck it up and by him a set of pom-pom's... there's something askew with a 17 year old boy that has no interest in guns.... especially in this world rife of Call of Dutyism. Must be something in the water down in RI.. everyone down there is a mental midget.. just look at warwickben. Coffee flavored milk is big seller at Dunk's down there.

Well looking back a the last few times I have gotten "coffee" from dunkins, there has been more cream than coffee, and not by my choice. So maybe those getting the coffee flavored milk have something there........consistency. At least their coffee flavored milk is consistently flavored, as the one made by the dunks employees varies from person to person.

Too funny. Yeah, it might do him some good. He should learn to shoot at least, then decide. He'd rather play guitar and obsess on those quest style games. Maybe being at a range might spark some interest.
Being an expatriated Rhode Islander, we used to give them coffee milk as little kids, they have been coffee drinkers since they could hold a cup. I'm sure there's something in the water down there.

We belong to Harvard and we used to belong to Westford sportsmens Club. Both allow kids to shoot, while under supervision by their adult member. Harvard even allows teens to have associate/student memberships.

Too funny. Yeah, it might do him some good. He should learn to shoot at least, then decide. He'd rather play guitar and obsess on those quest style games. Maybe being at a range might spark some interest.
Being an expatriated Rhode Islander, we used to give them coffee milk as little kids, they have been coffee drinkers since they could hold a cup. I'm sure there's something in the water down there.

Hey!!! I love the quest style games!!! I also love my guns!!!

My son is also into the video games, way too much and he just got his first guitar, but he also LOVES shooting!

Hey not all of us RI'ers are like that. My son has slept with a 12 ga under his bed since he was 14. A Mosin (1940 Tula) joined it a few weeks back.

Disclaimer - I do love me some coffee milk though. LOL

To the OP, just take the phone away and deal with the sulking. It should go away if you get him shooting something that makes a really big bang.

Back
Top Bottom