• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where Can I shoot a cannon

I keep threatening my wife that if I win (we) the lottery one of the things I would buy is a big cannon and shoot that f---er off every Saturday at noon.

PEX-Model-1841-Bron.-Field-Howitzer.jpg @$29K

Buy a cannon, have enough land to shoot the cannon. Rinse and repeat. Or do like I did in MA. know someone who has a cannon and the land to shoot it and rinse and repeat.

never knew you needed a license. pretty certain nobody i know who has a cannon has a license.

You can usually get two good shots off on the 4th of July before they start grid searching your neighborhood. Any other night they react much faster. (fire at night so the cloud isn't an instant giveaway)

Once you see the activity nearby, shut it down. Also, listen on the scanner!

Or, bop over the border to New Hampshire and shoot it there.

You'll need your DFS cannon and mortar license (certificate of competency) before you can fire a cannon or mortar in Massachusetts.

Best opportunity I know of for live fire is during the Knob Creek shoot in October.
This is true, but does not cover all situations. As long as one person on the gun is a licensed “cannoneer” others without the license can assist, swabbing the bore, packing the charge, lighting off the round...basically every job.

This is true, but does not cover all situations. As long as one person on the gun is a licensed “cannoneer” others without the license can assist, swabbing the bore, packing the charge, lighting off the round...basically every job.

can a dude with canoneer license operate a mortar? I believe that requires "bombardier" license.

You can usually get two good shots off on the 4th of July before they start grid searching your neighborhood. Any other night they react much faster. (fire at night so the cloud isn't an instant giveaway)

Once you see the activity nearby, shut it down. Also, listen on the scanner!

Or, bop over the border to New Hampshire and shoot it there.
A thundermug has the same effect and can be easily and quickly moved. A modern functional mug can be made with a steel pipe welded to a plate and a 1/8" hole at the base for the fuse.

Ever since I was in Boy Scouts I always wanted a cannon. I remember being at Reading R&R in the early 80’s and a couple of guys had miniature 12” or so cannons and were firing them at targets on the 100 yd small bore range. What a hoot!

This post got me to thinking. How far would you get towing your cannon behind your truck / suv / mimivan in Boston before you’d get swatted?

Ever since I was in Boy Scouts I always wanted a cannon. I remember being at Reading R&R in the early 80’s and a couple of guys had miniature 12” or so cannons and were firing them at targets on the 100 yd small bore range. What a hoot!

This post got me to thinking. How far would you get towing your cannon behind your truck / suv / mimivan in Boston before you’d get swatted?

I've seen several cannon trailered on the highway.

Back
Top Bottom