• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where can I find parts for my build?

I am building an AR15 with my son. I have a stripped lower, and a stripped upper receiver. The problem is that I can't find any other parts. I have cash, and nobody has what I need. Ugh. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm hoping to get this father-son project moving.

well, I just bought some stuff (buffer assembly) from model1sales.com Purchased Monday, will be here Friday. They seem to have some stuff, so it's a place to start

People post in stock items in the members forum regularly. Just another reason to go green.
Otherwise, set alerts on the items you want on Midway, Brownells, BCM, etc etc

I just received a barrel yesterday that I ordered from Model 1 Sales on December 16th.

I've been able to get all of my other parts in reasonable times, but that was the long pole in this particular build. I'll be shooting it tomorrow.

What do you need specifically? I finished one build last month, and just this week got 100% of the parts I need for a second build that I am waiting on the Matrix Aero receivers to do. I didn't end up compromising much at all on either build, nor did I pay more than MSRP. If you want to do it, you can within a few weeks. If you aren't super picky, you definitely can do it really fast. I bet you could get everything on order and received within 1-2 weeks, since I just did it.

For all your small parts: ejection port, forward assist, buffer parts, etc. you can probably use Midway. All of that was still in stock last I checked. Also, depending on what you want for a handguard, they have a lot in stock right now. Same with a lot of other stuff like muzzle breaks, stocks, etc.

What do you want for a barrel? If you are just looking for 16" M4 profile, right now CMT Tactical has a nice one for $187. If you want to spend a little more for a nicer one, SurplusAmmo has some Blackhole barrels for $230 in 16" M4, 16" and 18" HBAR profiles. I just got the 18" HBAR with the midlength gas system and its really nice.

If you need a LPK, they are popping up everyday on different sites. Core15 has a really nice LPK that comes with an upgraded aluminum trigger guard for $75. I just got one and it looks good to go. If you are planning to upgrade the trigger you can save cash and Riflegear has DPMS kits without FCG for $40. PSA has nice kits with upgraded pistol grip and not FCG for $50, or for a really good set of deals they have some lower build kits with the entire LPK, buffer tube/spring/buffer, and stock for $100 (mil type stock) and $180 (Magpul MOE).

All of these companies are shipping within a few days of placing an order. And as of writing this, all the things I mentioned are in stock.

What I'm saying is...the parts are out there. If you are looking for something specific that wasn't covered by what I pointed out, let me know and I might be able to help you.

too bad it takes them 3 months to send anything....

Yeah, I would really encourage staying away from Rguns. Inventory is not necessarily live, shipping delays are extreme, and I think you can get better quality for just a little more cash. Look on other forums, people who ordered in December are still waiting on parts.

Yeah, I would really encourage staying away from Rguns. Inventory is not necessarily live, shipping delays are extreme, and I think you can get better quality for just a little more cash. Look on other forums, people who ordered in December are still waiting on parts.

I ordered last month. Yay me!

Like someone else said sign up for the email alerts on any sites you find. And be prepared to jump on them when they come back in stock cause parts usually don't stay in stock long.

Back
Top Bottom