Where can I find a mass compliant Walther P22?

Never shot a Walther P22. I have a Walther P38 chambered for .22 LR. A very finicky gun; mostly a collector's item.
Here are my favorite .22s:
Browning Buckmarks (4" & 5.5" barrels)
S&W 617 (4" barrel, 10-round capacity)
The Brownings have run very smoothly since I broke them in. Both pistols have a fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear sights. The S&W being a revolver is fool-proof and also has an adjustable rear sight. All three guns are extremely accurate.

22 Handguns 02.jpeg

A friend of mine bought a S&W Victory. Nothing but trouble.

I have the Victory. Had to send it back immediately for an issue with the safety popping on after every shot... fixed by S&W.. no issues since..

If you do find yourself a Walther P-22, try running these through it. They're the only reliable .22LR I've run in mine. And I've tried a lot...

High Velocity, 40 grain, Round nose. Not Hollow points...
The Hollow Points hang up on the feed ramp. Even after a polishing job.

These:
1598230307890.png1598230866201.png

Not These: (They may look the same, but they're not the same...)

1598230926175.png1598230940435.png
1598231112102.png

Note: This may not be the same experience with every P-22 and your P-22 might like/function better with something else.
but if you do your due-diligence with research and range-testing... you will find the answer I did.

Last edited:
If you do find yourself a Walther P-22, try running these through it. They're the only reliable .22LR I've run in mine. And I've tried a lot...

40 grain, Round nose. Not Hollow points...

View attachment 383165
The working P22 i have in my possession had over 26000 rds of hp and rn through it. Those tray packs though are WAY better than bulk. Better QC.

I am looking for a Mass compliant walther P22 as a starter range gun. I checked a good 15-20 stores (online) and it doesn't look like anyone has them in stock. Does anyone know of a store in Mass that sells these guns? Thank you!
[/QUOTE
]
im pretty sure that there was one at Great Road Firearms in Stow, MA. I

Most .22 ammo is dogs**t, especially in a pistol. I have an old high standard, and a p22 and they will both fart on remington sabre, so I shoot cci. The kids thought the walther was cooler, and it has always been great. It's a $200-250 gun so take it for what it is. It's a plinker, not a carry gun or for competition. People that hate are going to hate.

Back
Top Bottom