• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where can I buy correct ammo?

I need copper washed or round-nose lead ammo for my 9 mm Makarov. Does anyone know where can I buy it? Af far as I understood, not every store carries those items. I it's not allowed to use jacketed ammo at the range where I go... Help, please![smile]

I need copper washed or round-nose lead ammo for my 9 mm Makarov. Does anyone know where can I buy it? Af far as I understood, not every store carries those items. I it's not allowed to use jacketed ammo at the range where I go... Help, please![smile]

Yelena, try Bullseye Guns in Wooksocket. They've got a big selection of ammo, including pretty decent reloads.

Ross

Bullseye has a round nose lead reload at $7.75 a box.

I've used their .500 Magnum loads and they work fine. Nothing extraordinary, but good quality loads.

Address:

837 Park Avenue
Woonsocket, RI, 02895

Phone:

(401) 766 4409

FAX:

(401) 765.6994

e-mail:

[email protected]

Free shipping on orders over $200.

Oh, and the web site changed to :http://www.bullseyeshootingsupplies.com

I agree with buying online. A friend of mine turned me onto Silver Bear for shooting in my CZ82 and it worked fine plus was cheap.
I don't buy it through the net because I live in MA. but its still cheap when I see it in stores.

Update

So I had searched everywhere, online and Bullseyes included, and no one has what I need. There pretty much of FMJ ammo, but looks like no round-nose lead at all.
Please, if anyone knows anything... Could you inform me? I just can't wait to try my Makarov![wink]

You are going to have a hard time finding the 9X18 Makarov ammo in any custom loading. It is not a popular round here in the states, you may find some steel case ammo but brass case ammo seems to be limited.

9mm Makarov uses a different diameter bullet than Western 9mms IIRC, so this may be the issue. It's probably not financially sound for casters to make them because the factory ammo is readily available, cheap, and is only used by a niche market.

9 mm makarov

lee has moulds double cavity $18.06 at REDACTED
when I was in Mass I always got my supplies from REDACTED .best prices.[rolleyes]

Last edited by a moderator:
lee has moulds double cavity $18.06 at REDACTED
when I was in Mass I always got my supplies from REDACTED .best prices.[rolleyes]

Please don't mention vendors that ship ammo etc to MA. I realize you were
talking about molds, but we have reason/info to believe the vendor in question also
ships ammo to MA as well.

Best bet with this kind of thing is to PM the original poster with the info, if you
trust them with it. Please don't post it out in the open so martha coakley and
her minions can send them a "consent decree enema" notice and get them shut
down.

-Mike

Yelena, what club do you belong to?

if you need amo for 9x18 try (Carr's sporting goods 1452 Somerset Av. (rt 138) Taunton, Ma. 508-823-3218). he told me the other day he has a ton of it , he also has a nice chinese 9x18 mak for 250 with 2 mags. another place that has amo is (JES Supply Depot 51 E.Howland Rd. Freetown, Ma. 508-763-8684) and he is a real nice guy that will talk guns with you all day.

Back
Top Bottom