• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where are your reloading setups?

Just curious...
I have my bench setup in the basement now. I was working up a new reload the other night, and I had to put on a sweat shirt to sit down there for the hour it took to get my 100 test rounds completed.

I have plenty of space (actually a perfect corner) in my computer room. I wondered if it would be safe to reload in a room like that.

Where do you folks have your setups located?

Adam

WOW!

One day, when I win the lottery and buy my ranch on a couple thousand acrs... I will have something like this.

Adam

He's just got money to burn, and has a press set up for each caliber. Our shop doesn't that big a set-up, since we're smart enough to change dies.

At home I have a far smaller set-up, usually use just one Rock Chucker.

I plan on getting another progressive press for another pistol caliber.
Why? Well, because I saved the money in the first place and got a LEE press. Fully progressive, with all the dies and bells and whistles for LESS than the cost of the shell plate and dies to convert a Dillon.

No change over time for me.. Just slide down a little.

Adam

Mine is scattered in two rooms in the cellar! [cry]

The view alone in that link is to die for!

That's a mfg & test plant, not a reloading setup!!

Just imagine what your local fire chief, police chief, DA and the media would have to say about that setup here in MA! [roll]

Think they would not be amused.
If you're looking for something like that, check real estate ads in Harmony, ME.
Dan Shea is selling his property having some acres, a 100yd range and a walk-in vault.

JuergenG said:
If you're looking for something like that, check real estate ads in Harmony, ME.
Dan Shea is selling his property having some acres, a 100yd range and a walk-in vault.

WOW! Harmony ME!

My dad was born and raised there.

Adam

Adam_MA said:
JuergenG said:

WOW! Harmony ME!

Adam

Maybe that's a sign, Adam. [lol]

Lynne said:
Adam_MA said:
JuergenG said:

WOW! Harmony ME!

Adam

Maybe that's a sign, Adam. [lol]

Maybe... If it wasn't in the middle of nowhere!

I have to agree with Nickle that it's overkill and more money than common sense. He says himself it's a hobby and not production. He buys presses instead of having to change dies.

I do have to admit that the shooting platform is awesome.

ETA:

JonJ - How's the reloading coming?

TonyD said:
ETA:

Hey Tony,
I guess you missed my answer to the question of the thread....
"Down cellar still in the box". I never go to cleaning the cellar or bench off.

I'm just getting into reloading after several false starts. I picked up a complete Dillon 550 off eBay for under $100. I set up a 16' L shaped bench in a 14x14 room in my finished basement. The room used to serve as a bedroom for one of my kids so it's pretty comfortable form my needs. It also has a closet to keep all my supplies in. It's a work in progress and I still need shelves and a decent bench tool box.

JonJ said:
TonyD said:
ETA:

Hey Tony,
I guess you missed my answer to the question of the thread....
"Down cellar still in the box". I never go to cleaning the cellar or bench off.

Yep, I missed it. Well, with winter setting in up there that could be a good project until the spring thaw.

WOW! That looks like a nice organized setup you have there...

I'm kind of embraced to show mine..
I'll try to take a picture tonight so everyone can have a good laugh! :D

Adam

When you have some time (there are 409 replies!), check out this thread on Reloading benches: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5485 There are some really good ideas.

PMD, that looks like the ultimate setup. Having a 1050 to do whatever you shoot the most and the 650 to handle a variety of other stuff you shoot a lot makes a lot of sense. I think my 650 needs a big brother.

Back
Top Bottom