• VT

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • NY

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Buffalo Bill said:
Do any of the administrators(Derek, Len, etc.) know how many members are from each state? If not, it would be interesting to do a poll in the appropriate category.
Hows that?[smile]

I moved here.

Came out here from Long Island, New York back in 1990. I like it here a LOT better than L.I. !! [wave]

Despite the obtuse and bewildering gun laws ! [hmmm]

Born and spent most of my life in MA. Took a brief detour to CT for 3 years when I first graduated college, then returned to MA!

Born and bred in the People's Republik of New Jersey, I escaped in 1987 to Massachusetts and freedom.

Hey, in MA at least some of us can get a carry permit! Forget doing so in PRNJ.

ABD to MA with a stop or two in between. I have eventual plans to move elsewhere so I guess I'm not technically a resident. [wink]

MrTwigg said:
Came out here from Long Island, New York back in 1990. I like it here a LOT better than L.I. !! [wave]

Despite the obtuse and bewildering gun laws ! [hmmm]

Hey Twiggy- where abouts are you from on Lawn Guyland? I'm from Patchogue. Just moved here 2 years ago...

South Shore (MA)
I live a quarter mile down the road from where myself and the three prior generations were born (all on the same corner). My Great-great grandfather moved down from Boston in 1860.......Three of his sons went back up to Boston a year later to muster into the 35th Mass. with thier friends. One came home.

Cledus J. Crabb said:
My Great-great grandfather moved down from Boston in 1860.......Three of his sons went back up to Boston a year later to muster into the 35th Mass. with thier friends. One came home.

My great-great-uncles immigrated with their family in the 1850's - in 1860 the two oldest enlisted in the 66th NY Infantry (the Governer's Guard). Their little brother, age 15, followed them and tried to enlist, but his brothers told the First Sergeant how old he was and they sent him home. He never made it; he went up to Connecticut and enlisted in an artillery unit. He never saw action, but his older brothers saw a LOT and mustered out as a second lieutenant and a sergeant. Both wounded, but not seriously.

Ross

MrsWildweasel said:
Hubby was born and bred here in MA. I am a transplant from WA state.[laugh]

Where in Washington? I spent nine wonderful years there. Tacoma, McChord AFB, Steilacoom, Federal Way, Bellevue, and then Everett.

i was born here in NH,spent 2yrs in conn then moved back up to NH.

while i did my time in conn,i lived in winsted and torrington.both nice towns(i like winsted the most)

Frosty, I grew up in Tacoma, Yelm, and Mercer Island. I also lived the other side of the mountains in Spokane. I have also lived in Idaho, and Utah. My Dad worked for an insurance company that moved us alot.
Most of my relatives are still in the Olympia area.

Back
Top Bottom