• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where are the shooter-grade Colt pythons?

King Cobras have a different frame, no? I have two of those but no python so I could be wrong but I thought the KC is a python without the anaconda frame. i.e.; with a smaller frame. Or maybe it's the python with a larger frame. I am confused but I believe the frame is different.
You're correct. The KC is on the V frame, smaller than the I frame the Python's built on. Still a really nice wheelie, though I'm told the Python's trigger is nicer. Never have had the pleasure of comparing them!

Here is a nice one I saw today. Probably not a shooter.

IMG_3216.jpg

If you want a shooter get a S&W L or N frame; better shooter for less money. The Python is well made but the action is old technology; the DA trigger stacks badly. I love my Python and am glad I bought it new when the price was right. It is well made and and most likely will remain one of the finest revolvers ever made as far as quality is concerned. Still, I think the S&W revolvers are better shooters.

If you want a shooter get a S&W L or N frame; better shooter for less money. The Python is well made but the action is old technology; the DA trigger stacks badly. I love my Python and am glad I bought it new when the price was right. It is well made and and most likely will remain one of the finest revolvers ever made as far as quality is concerned. Still, I think the S&W revolvers are better shooters.

Really? I already have a 686 which I is my favorite shooter, but I have heard the Pythons are better.

After a little digging, I have actually turned up over a dozen pythons for sale, I will check them all out this week and make a decision.

Right now, I am really digging the royal blue but I am torn between the 4" vs 6" model. I know my S&W 617 6" is pretty heavy, but I really like how the 6" colt looks.

I do prefer to shoot my 4" 686 over the 6" 617.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Chris

Right now, I am really digging the royal blue but I am torn between the 4" vs 6" model. I know my S&W 617 6" is pretty heavy, but I really like how the 6" colt looks.

I do prefer to shoot my 4" 686 over the 6" 617.

So, do you plan on shooting this or keeping it as a safe queen??? rolleye-smiley-004.gif [grin]

IIRC, they actually still make them, same as the SAA, but they're per order only through the Custom Shop.
If you want one, expect to pay way more than what any used one costs on the market today.

Nope. Just SAAs and 1911s.

Back
Top Bottom